Malai Kofta is a North Indian main course dish and people love to eat it with naan or paratha. Whenever I go to restaurant and order malai kofta, I just thinking of making it at home. I tried it from many cookbook and recipe website, every time I got different taste. But with following recipe I got the taste. This recipe is mix and match of few recipes.
Try out and tell me did you got the taste, what you eating at restaurant.
For more such recipes follow or subscribe to me on Facebook and Twitter.
Malai KoftaCourse: Dinner, Lunch, MainCuisine: Indian
This Malai Kofta is made up by cottage cheese and all-purpose flour fried ball cooked in fresh cream, nuts and Indian spices gravy. Can have with roti, naan or paratha.
Cottage Cheese (पनीर ) – 100 grams
All-Purpose Flour (मैदा) – 2 tsp.
Green Cardamom (इलायची) Powder – 1/4 tsp.
Red Chilli (लाल मिर्च) Powder – 1 tsp.
Garam Masala (गरम मसाला) Powder – 1/4 tsp.
Tomatoes (टमाटर) – 3 medium
Ginger (अदरक) – 1 tsp.
Fresh Cream (ताजा मलाई) – 2 tbsp.
Curd (दही) – 1/4 cup
Cashewnuts (काजू) – 1/4 cup
Melon Seeds (मग़ज) – 2 tbsp.
Poppy Seeds (खसखस / पोस्त) – 1 tsp.
Oil (तेल) – 4 cup
Water (पानी) – 1 cup
Salt (नमक) as per taste.
- Chop the ginger (अदरक) & tomatoes (टमाटर). Keep aside.
- Shock Cashewnuts (काजू), melon seeds (मग़ज) & poppy seeds (खसखस / पोस्त) in water for 5-10 minutes. After 5-10 minutes remove excess water and keep a side.
- In cooker put Cashewnuts (काजू), melon seeds (मग़ज), poppy seeds (खसखस / पोस्त), tomatoes (टमाटर), ginger (अदरक), green cardamoms (इलायची), red chilli powder, 1 tbsp. oil & salt as per taste. Mix well. After that add curd (दही) and mix well.
- Now add water and close the cooker with the lid. Cook under pressure till 4 whistles.
- Grate cottage cheese into a bowl and add green cardamom (इलायची) powder, refined flour (मैदा) & salt as per taste and mix well. Make round balls of same size.
- Heat the oil in deep pan, deep fries these round balls until golden. Drain and place on tissue paper.
- Once the pressure reduces from cooker, open the lid and blend the mixture with hand blander.
- Stair the blended mixture and put into a pan and heat it. Now add fresh cream and garam masala. Mix well.
- Arrange the kofta balls in serving bowl and pour the gravy over it. Sprinkle little fresh cream and put one coriander (धनिया) leaf. Serve hot.
|Image courtesy of Seba Della y Sole Bossio via flickr.com|
This post may contain affiliate links, purchasing that product not cost extra for you but by your purchase A to Z Food Recipes will get some little amount and that amount will help in surviving of this website. So, please don’t hesitate to buy from these links.
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.