Looking for a dish to make in your family dinner??? Try out this Kadai Paneer; easy to make, tasty recipe.
Every vegan Punjabi family love to make various kind of paneer dishes. This dish made up of cottage cheese (Paneer) sauté in Indian spices with tomato (टमाटर) gravy and diced capsicum (शिमला मिर्च). I just love kadai paneer with butter naan. :p
Tried??? Please share your experience with me, I love to hear words from my readers.
Kadai PaneerCourse: Dinner, Lunch, MainCuisine: Indian
This Kadai Paneer is made up by cooking diced cottage cheese with onion, tomato, capsicum with Indian spices. Can have with naan or chapatti.
Cottage Cheese (पनीर ) – 500 grams
Onion (प्याज) – 1 medium
Ginger (अदरक) – 1 inch
Garlic (लहसुन) – 6-7 cloves
Tomato (टमाटर) – 7 medium
Capsicum (शिमला मिर्च) – 1 medium
Green Chilli (हरी मिर्च) – 2
Coriander (धनिया) Leaves – 5-6 sprigs.
Cloves (लौंग) – 2
Cinnamon (दालचीनी) – 2-3 inch piece
Coriander (धनिया) Seeds – 2 tbsp.
Turmeric (हल्दी) Powder – 1/2 tsp.
Garam Masala (गरम मसाला) Powder – 1 tsp.
Dry Fenugreek (कसूरी मेथी) Leaves – 1/2tbsp.
Fresh Cream (ताजा मलाई) – 2 tbsp.
Oil (तेल) – 3 tbsp.
Water (पानी) – 1/2 cup
Salt (नमक) as per taste.
- Roast coriander (धनिया) seeds, Dry fenugreek (कसूरी मेथी) leaves & dried red chilli in a pan on a medium heat until aromatised. Now let them cool and grind all of them in a grinder to a semi fine powder. Keep aside.
- Finely chop half of the capsicum (शिमला मिर्च), onions & 2 tomatoes, julienne remaining half of the capsicum (शिमला मिर्च). Cut cottage cheese into cubes. Keep aside.
- Roughly chop 5 tomatoes and make a puree of the tomatoes. Keep aside.
- Chop coriander (धनिया) leaves. Keep aside.
- Make a paste of ginger (अदरक) & garlic (लहसुन). Keep aside.
- Heat oil in kadai; add bay leaf (तेज पत्ता), cloves (लौंग), cinnamon (दालचीनी) and sauté for half a minute.
- Now add ginger (अदरक) & garlic (लहसुन) paste, sauté till their raw aroma disappears.
- After that add the chopped onions and sauté till golden brown. Add coriander (धनिया) seeds, Dry fenugreek (कसूरी मेथी) leaves & dried red chilli powder, finely chopped green chilli and turmeric (हल्दी) powder. Mix well and sauté for few seconds.
- Now add the tomatoes and sauté for further 2 to 3 minutes. Then add tomato puree. Mix well and sauté for till the oil separates. Add julienne capsicum (शिमला मिर्च) and cook simmer for 2-3 minutes.
- Add water and salt as per taste; continue to simmer for some 7 to 8 minutes.
- Add garam masala powder and cottage cheese cubes. Mix and cook covered over low heat for 4-5 minutes.
- Garnish with chopped coriander leaves and serve in small kadai.
- You can also add 2 tbsp. fresh cream in gravy for think creamy texture.
This post may contain affiliate links, purchasing that product not cost extra for you but by your purchase A to Z Food Recipes will get some little amount and that amount will help in surviving of this website. So, please don’t hesitate to buy from these links.
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.