Gajar Ka Halwa
Gajar Ka Halwa (गाजर का हलवा) or Gajrela (गजरेला) is a most famous Indian dessert mostly available in winters; but you can make it in every season only if you found red carrot on that season… 😛
In my home during winter season almost every week we make this yummy tasty Gajrela. No one take a place of it in my home, everyone just love it.
Want to try out this Gajrela recipes??? Tell me how it is made??? I love to hear words from my readers.
Gajar Ka HalwaCourse: Dessert, SweetCuisine: Indian
This winter special Gajar Ka Halwa also called Gajrela is made up by grated carrots, milk and Sugar. Can have as dessert in winter.
- Wash, peel & grate carrots (गाजर). Keep aside.
- Soak raisins (किशमिश) in a little water, shred almonds (बादाम), chop dates (खजूर). Keep aside.
- Take milk (दूध), grated carrots (गाजर) and add green cardamom (छोटी इलायची) in a thick base pan. Cook simmer until liquid evaporates.
- In a thick base pan heat clarified butter (घी) and add milk (दूध) – carrots (गाजर) mixture. Cook for 10-15 minute on a medium flame. Keep stirring often, so that the milk (दूध) – carrots (गाजर) mixture doesn’t stick to the bottom of the pan.
- Add sugar, mix well and further cook until the gajar ka halwa turns into deep reddish color.
- Remove raisins (किशमिश) water and add into gajar ka halwa with shredded almonds (बादाम) and chopped dates (खजूर). Mix well and immediately remove from flame.
- Garnish with some shredded almonds (बादाम) and serve hot.
|Image courtesy of Prerna Jaddwani via Wikimedia Commons|
This post may contain affiliate links, purchasing that product not cost extra for you but by your purchase A to Z Food Recipes will get some little amount and that amount will help in surviving of this website. So, please don’t hesitate to buy from these links.
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.