Last week I made this Masala Malai Aloo Shimla Mirch without thinking how was it made. But when come to my plate and I taste, it’s tasty. Very easy to make, tried and tasty. This is my invented, maybe someone also made this before but I don’t hear about it.
Anyway, go and try to make it. I want to know my reader review on this recipe. Please share your experience here in comment box.
Masala Malai Aloo Shimla MirchCourse: Dinner, Lunch, Main Course, Veg FoodCuisine: Indian
This homemade Masala Malai Aloo Shimla Mirch very easy to make and can have in any meal as a main or side dish.
Capsicum (शिमला मिर्च) – 8-10 medium
Potato (आलू) – 2 medium
Tomato (टमाटर) – 5 medium
Onion (प्याज) – 2 medium
Ginger (अदरक) – 1/2 inch
Garlic (लहसुन) – 4-5 cloves
Green chilli (हरी मिर्च) – 1
Fresh cream – 2 tbsp.
Curd (दही) – 1/2 cup
Cumin (जीरा) seeds – 1 tsp.
Fennel(सौंफ़) seeds – 1 tsp.
Turmeric(हल्दी) powder – 1/2 tsp.
Garam masala powder – 1/2 tsp.
Black pepper(काली मिर्च)powder – 1/4 tsp.
Oil (तेल) – 1 tbsp.
Salt (नमक) as per taste.
- Peel and dice potato (आलू). Chop capsicum (शिमला मिर्च) in dice size pieces without seeds. Make pure of tomato (टमाटर), onion (प्याज), ginger (अदरक) & garlic (लहसुन) separately. Finely chop green chilli (हरी मिर्च). Keep aside.
- In pan heat oil, add cumin (जीरा) and fennel (सौंफ़) seeds and add diced potato (आलू). Cook till potato (आलू) not half cooked. If require add little salt to cook fast, but I suggest to add salt later.
- When potato (आलू) half cooked; add onion (प्याज) puree and cook for 2 minute. Stirring in-between.
- Now add puree of tomato (टमाटर), ginger (अदरक) and garlic (लहसुन). Sauté for a minute and add turmeric (हल्दी) powder, garam masala powder, black pepper (काली मिर्च) powder, fresh cream and salt as per taste. Cook simmer till mixture start separating oil from sides.
- Now immediately add curd; mix well and cook for a minute.
- Finally add chopped capsicum (शिमला मिर्च) and cook till capsicum (शिमला मिर्च) not cooked completely.
- Your Masala Malai Aloo Shimla Mirch is ready. Serve hot with chapattis or naan.
This post may contain affiliate links, purchasing that product not cost extra for you but by your purchase A to Z Food Recipes will get some little amount and that amount will help in surviving of this website. So, please don’t hesitate to buy from these links.