Kheer!!! The Indian rice pudding!!! We all love it chilled or hot!!!
Whenever I make kesar kheer I always make it in big quantity as in my home everyone fond of kheer. I love it chilled with low amount of sugar. Here in this recipe I am using condensed milk to make kheer but you can also use sugar, add sugar according to your taste and cook it little more to give creamy texture.
Did you try this kesar kheer with condensed milk or sugar? I love to hear some words from you, please write here in comment box.
Kesar KheerCourse: DessertCuisine: Indian
This Kesar Kheer is made up by slow cooking rice and milk over low heat. Can have as dessert as hot or chilled.
- Wash the rice thoroughly and soak it in water for 30 minutes.
- Take 2 tsp. warm milk and add saffron (केसर) strands. Keep aside.
- In a deep pan add soaked rice, green cardamom (छोटी इलायची) powder and half of milk with water. Cook covered for 30 minutes or till the rice soften enough.
- Now add remaining milk, saffron (केसर) and mix well. Further cook uncovered on simmer heat until milk thicken enough; not too thick or too thin, in medium consistency.
- Now add milkmade (sweetened condensed milk), mix well. Keep cooking for 2-3 minutes on simmer and continue stirring to avoid burning.
- Finally add saffron milk and mix well. Cook for 1 minute.
- Remove from heat/flame and add blanched dry fruits. Serve cool.
- If you require add more milk and cook for 10 minute more.
This post may contain affiliate links, purchasing that product not cost extra for you but by your purchase A to Z Food Recipes will get some little amount and that amount will help in surviving of this website. So, please don’t hesitate to buy from these links.
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.