Paneer dosa is another modern form of tradition masala dosa. This dosa is especially for cottage cheese (पनीर) lovers. I myself found it heave then traditional masala dosa, as cottage cheese (पनीर) contain more fat contents, but it’s too yummy… So, once in a live everyone must try it.
If you are cottage cheese (पनीर) lover and want some twist on it then this paneer dosa is best for you. Try making paneer dosa with this recipe and share your experience with all here in comment box.
Paneer DosaCourse: Breakfast, Veg FoodCuisine: Indian
This Paneer dosa is modern form of tradition South Indian masala dosa; can have any meal time.
Rice (चावल) – 2 cups
Fenugreek(मेथी) seeds – 1/2 tsp.
Cottage cheese (पनीर) – 500 grams
Fresh coriander (हरा धनिया) – few sprigs
Green chilli (हरी मिर्च) – 3
Mustard(सरसों) seeds – 1 tsp.
Curry leaves (करीपत्ते) – 8-10
Turmeric(हल्दी) powder – 1/4 tsp.
Oil (तेल) – 3 tbsp.
Water (पानी) for batter.
Salt (नमक) as per taste.
- Wash and soak rice (चावल) in one container and skinned and split black gram (धूलि उड़द दाल) and fenugreek (मेथी) seeds in one container for overnight.
- Drain and grind skinned and split black gram (धूलि उड़द दाल) and fenugreek (मेथी) seeds to a fine smooth paste, and the rice (चावल) a little coarse (enough to feel a texture, like fine sand).
- Mix the two grated ingredients with salt and enough water to form a batter of dropping consistency.
- Leave this batter in a warm place for overnight to ferment to a spongy batter.
- Mesh cottage cheese (पनीर) and finely chop fresh coriander (हरा धनिया). Keep aside
- Heat oil in a thick pan and add a mustard (सरसों) seeds, sauté till start crackling.
- Add curry leaves (करी पत्ते), green chilli (हरी मिर्च). Sauté for a minute.
- Add salt and turmeric (हल्दी) powder. Sauté for a minute.
- Now add this mixture over meshed cottage cheese (पनीर) with finely chopped fresh coriander (हरा धनिया), mix well and keep aside.
- Heat tawa and brush oil on it. When very hot, splash little water on it and immediately pour batter onto it, spreading it thin, with a circular motion.
- After spreading the batter, lower the heat and trickle a little oil around the edges so that it soaks under the dosa.
- When edges start browning a bit, pass a flat spoon under dosa to ease the dosa off the pan. Put cottage cheese (पनीर) on the centre, and half fold it.
- Serve hot with coconut chutney and Sāmbhar.
This post may contain affiliate links, purchasing that product not cost extra for you but by your purchase A to Z Food Recipes will get some little amount and that amount will help in surviving of this website. So, please don’t hesitate to buy from these links.