Pav Bhaji – पाव भाजी; is an Indian street food and mostly famous in Mumbai Chopati. This is a dish which contains thick vegetable curry and pav (a one kind of Indian bread). I always prefer to make it at breakfast time, as it is easy to make and gave your day a boom start with lots of veggies.
Have you tried out this recipe??? Say something here, I love to hear words from my readers.
Pav BhajiCourse: Starter, Fast Food, Street FoodCuisine: Indian
This Pav Bhaji is an Indian street food and mostly famous in Mumbai Chopati. Can have as a evening snack.
Buns (पाव) – 8
Onion (प्याज) – 3 medium
Cauliflower (फूलगोभी) – 8-10 florets
Potatoes (आलू) – 2 medium
Capsicum (शिमला मिर्च) – 2 small
Green Peas (मटर) – ¼ cup
Tomatoes (टमाटर) – 3 medium
Green Chili (हरी मिर्च) – 1
Ginger (अदरक) – 1 inch
Garlic (लहसुन) – 4-5 cloves
Coriander (हरा धनिया) Leaves – 2 tbsp.
Lemon Juice (नींबू का रस) – ½ tsp.
Red Chili (लाल मिर्च) Powder – ½ tsp.
Turmeric(हल्दी) Powder – ¼ tsp.
Pav Bhaji Masala Powder – 1 ½ tbsp.
Butter (मक्खन) – 1-2 small cubes
Water (पानी) as much required.
Salt (नमक) as per taste.
- Boil cauliflower (फूलगोभी), potatoes (आलू) and green peas (मटर) separately.
- Now peel and mesh potatoes (आलू). Make ginger-garlic (अदरक-लहसुन) paste. Chop green chili (हरी मिर्च), coriander (हरा धनिया) leaves, onion (प्याज), boiled cauliflower (फूलगोभी), capsicum (शिमला मिर्च) and tomatoes (टमाटर). Keep aside.
- Heat butter in a pan, add chopped onion (प्याज), left some for garnish and sauté till translucent.
- Now add ginger-garlic (अदरक-लहसुन) paste and chopped green chili (हरी मिर्च); sauté till the raw aroma of ginger-garlic (अदरक-लहसुन) paste goes away.
- After that add tomatoes (टमाटर), Turmeric (हल्दी) powder and salt as per taste. Cook till tomatoes (टमाटर) get soften and mushy.
- Add mashed potatoes (आलू), chopped cauliflower (फूलगोभी), chopped capsicum (शिमला मिर्च) and boiled green peas (मटर). Sauté for 2 minutes.
- Add Red chili (लाल मिर्च) powder and Pav bhaji masala powder. Mix well and cook further for 2 minutes.
- Now pour water as much require for cooking vegetables.
- When vegetables soften enough, add chopped Coriander (हरा धनिया) leaves and mesh all the mixture; it will make smooth bhaji. After that cook till the bhaji becomes thick enough.
- Now add Lemon juice (नींबू का रस); mix well and cook for a minute.
- Heat butter in a tawa, toast half cut bun for min or two.
- Garnish with slice of lemon (नींबू), chopped onion (प्याज) and slit green chilli (हरी मिर्च). If require add 1 small cube of butter over bhaji and serve hot.
|Image courtesy of NishantAChavan via Wikimedia Commons|
This post may contain affiliate links, purchasing that product not cost extra for you but by your purchase A to Z Food Recipes will get some little amount and that amount will help in surviving of this website. So, please don’t hesitate to buy from these links.
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.