Spongy Rasgulla – स्पंजी रसगुल्ला; is very yummy and tasty everyone love its sweet watery taste. Bengali spongy rasgulla is different from other spongy rasgulla; they make it by mixing fresh chena and ararot. It’s also made without ararot. Here I am showing spongy rasgulla without ararot. Easy to make.
Trying this recipe??? Share your experience here in comment box.
10 minPrep Time
30 minCook Time
40 minTotal Time
- Full cream milk (दूध) - 1 litre
- Lemon (नींबू) - 1 big
- Sugar (चीनी) - 1 ½ cups
- Water - 3 cups
- Boil the milk (दूध) over high heat. After that remove it from heat and cool under room temperature for 5-10 minutes.
- Now add lemon (नींबू) juice in milk (दूध) slowly-slowly and keep stirring. You will see that milk (दूध) start leaving water and start formatting small particles.
- Once milk spoiling is done, take a cotton cloth, a sieve (छलनी) and a bowl. Stack sieve (छलनी) on the top of bowl and cotton cloth on top of sieve (छलनी).
- Pour spoiled milk (दूध) in the cotton cloth to separate milk solid particles (छैना) from milk water.
- Pick all four corners of cotton cloth and squeeze out the extra water.
- Now, pour 1 cup water on the milk solid particles (छैना) to remove the lemon (नींबू) flavour and smell. Don’t remove from cloth. Squeeze out the water again.
- The milk solids (छैना) are ready. Take it out on plate.
- Now knead the milk solids (छैना) for 5 minutes to make it smooth dough.
- Now, divide these milk solids (छैना) into 8 equal parts and make round ball of each part.
- Add sugar (चीनी) & 3 cups of water in a pressure cooker and bring it to boil in high heat.
- Now add 2 tbsp. milk (दूध) and remove the white crust, which form after adding milk (दूध).
- Now once again roll milk solids (छैना) balls and add them to this sugar (चीनी) syrup.
- Now cover the lid of pressure cooker and cook them for 1 whistle on high heat.
- After that cook further for 10 minutes on medium heat.
- Shift these rashgulla’s from pressure cooker to bowl with sugar (चीनी) syrup; let them cool in refrigerator.
- Serve cool.
|Image courtesy of Snthakur via Wikimedia Commons|
This post may contain affiliate links, purchasing that product not cost extra for you but by your purchase A to Z Food Recipes will get some little amount and that amount will help in surviving of this website. So, please don’t hesitate to buy from these links.