Gajar Ki Kanji
Gajar ki kanji – गाजर की कांजी; A Fermented drink of carrot (गाजर), usually made in summer time to cut the heat of summer. This is a famous Indian summertime drink. Carrot & beetroot (चकुन्दर) are the main ingredient of this drink. It has sour and salty taste. Some use purple carrot and some made it with normal carrot. The color of carrot not matter if you using beetroot, with beetroot it take its color. The use of purple carrot only to get the right color but beetroot also gave right color.
This gajar ki kanji require 3-4 day to get ready.
What are you waiting for, go and make this drink. It’s better to try something other than juices & cold drink. Share your experience here in comment box.
Yields 2 Liters Drink
10 minPrep Time
24 hrCook Time
24 hr, 10 Total Time
- Carrots (गाजर) - 4 large
- Beetroot (चुकंदर) - 1 medium
- Red chilli (लाल मिर्च) powder - 1 tsp.
- Mustard (सरसों) powder - 3 tbsp.
- Water - 8-9 cups
- Salt to taste.
- Wash & dry carrots (गाजर) and beetroot (चुकंदर). Then peel and chop into large pieces.
- Take a glass or ceramic airtight jar; wash and dry.
- In this jar add chopped carrots (गाजर), chopped beetroot (चुकंदर), red chilli (लाल मिर्च) powder, mustard (सरसों) powder, water and salt to taste.
- Cover this jar with lid or muslin cloth.
- Keep this jar under sun for 3-4 days (Remember to take jar inside at night.). Always stir this drink with wooden spoon when going to take it out under sun.
- Slowly the drink start changing color into beetroot (चुकंदर) color and when kanji is sour in taste, it's ready to take.
- Store it in refrigerator and serve or drink as beverage whenever required.
This post may contain affiliate links, purchasing that product not cost extra for you but by your purchase A to Z Food Recipes will get some little amount and that amount will help in surviving of this website. So, please don’t hesitate to buy from these links.