Aloo Bharata (messed potato main course meal) is a quick and fast main course meal to make any time. I always make this when I am in a hurry and nothing to make for my lunch or dinner. Anyone can make this with very less or no cooking knowledge. This is a very good recipe for bachelors or new cooking learners.
When you are hungry or there is nothing to make for your dinner or lunch with your chapatis make this Aloo ka bharta and stop your little hunger. Why don’t you try this quick and very easy recipe now. Please share your experience below in the comment section.
Aloo BhartaCourse: Dinner, Lunch, Main Course, Veg FoodCuisine: Indian
Aloo Bharata (messed potato main course meal) is a quick and fast main course meal to make any time.
- First wash potatoes thoroughly.
- With the help of fork, pock the potato or make a small cut over the potatoes with knife.
- Microwave these potatoes over a high temperature for 5 minutes or until potatoes do not tender.
- In the meanwhile finely chop onions, Chilies and coriander. Keep aside.
- When potatoes go tender, peel them and mesh. Keep aside.
- In a pan, heat ghee (घी). Add cumin and chopped green chilies. Sauté until cumin starts crackling.
- Immediately add chopped onions. Sauté onions until they become translucent.
- At this time add salt to taste and turmeric. Mix well.
- Lower the heat and add messed potato. Mix well and cook for the next 5 minutes.
- Your Aloo Bhartha is ready. Garnish it with the finely chopped coriander and enjoy it with Chapati (Indian flat bread).
- You can add chopped garlic and ginger with cumin and green chilies to enhance the taste of your Aloo Bharata.
- You can also boil your potatoes in a pressure cooker but with the microwave it’s quick and easy to tender the potatoes. Also, microwave potatoes gave a nice and rich taste.
- You can also use pre boiled potatoes for this recipe.
- Instead of Clarified Butter (घी) you can use vegetable oil also.
This post may contain affiliate links, purchasing that product not going to cost extra but by your purchase A to Z Food Recipes will get some little commission and that amount will help in surviving this website. So, please don’t hesitate to buy from these affiliate links.