Chole Bhature is an ever famous Punjabi food. You can easily found it any road side dhaba or Punjabi restaurants. Every Punjabi is found of this chole bhature. Even it’s also my favourite. What else I said about this food, no words every Punjabi knows it, not only Punjabis every Indian. Just love it!!!
Try out this chole bhature recipe at your home and feel like dhaba at home. Please share your experience here in comment box.
9 hrPrep Time
1 hrCook Time
10 hrTotal Time
- Chickpea (चना/छोले) - 1 cup
- Cumin (जीरा) seeds - 1 tsp.
- Bay leaf (तेज पत्ता) - 1 or 2
- Cinnamon (दालचीनी) - 1
- Chhole masala powder - 1 ½ tbsp.
- Red chilli (लाल मिर्च) powder - ½ tsp.
- All purpose flour (मैदा) - 2 cups
- Semolina (रवा/ सूजी) - ¼ cup
- Baking powder - ¼ tsp.
- Sugar (चीनी) - ½ tsp.
- Onion (प्याज) - 2
- Ginger garlic (अदरक लहसुन) paste - 1 tbsp.
- Tomato (टमाटर) - 2
- Yoghurt (दही) - ½ cup
- Salt to taste.
- Wash chickpea (चना/छोले) and soak in water over.
- Finely chop onion (प्याज). Make a puree of tomato (टमाटर). Keep aside.
- In pressure cooker heat oil; add cumin (जीरा) seeds, bay leaf (तेज पत्ता) & cinnamon (दालचीनी). Sauté for a minute.
- Now add chopped onion (प्याज) and sauté till onion (प्याज) become translucent.
- Add ginger garlic paste and sauté for a minute.
- Add tomato (टमाटर) puree and sauté for a minute.
- Add chhole masala powder, red chilli (लाल मिर्च) powder and salt to taste. Cook 5-6 minutes over low heat cover till oil start separating from masala side. Keep staring in-between.
- Add overnight soaked chickpea (चना/छोले). Mix well. Add 2 cup of water. Mix well. Cover with lid and cook until chickpea (चना/छोले) become tender for 6-7 whistles. Turn off the gas and let the pressure goes down naturally after 6-7 whistles.
- In a mixing bowl take all purpose flour (मैदा) with semolina (रवा/ सूजी), baking powder, sugar (चीनी) and a pinch of salt. Mix well.
- Now add yoghurt (दही). Knead with hands to make soft dough.
- Cover this dough with damp cloth and rest for 3-4 hours.
- After rest knead more and make equal size balls.
- Now with the help of your hand gave batura shape to each ball.
- In a wok heat oil and fry each batura until turns golden brown and puff.
- Your Chole Bhature ready serve them hot with onion and slice of lemon or mango pickle or green chilli pickle.
• If you facing difficulty making batura with hand you can also use rolling pin and board.
• To make puff: when you drop batura in hot oil wait till puff and then turn to other side.
• Don’t use too hot or too cold oil to deep fry batura’s.
This post may contain affiliate links, purchasing that product not cost extra for you but by your purchase A to Z Food Recipes will get some little amount and that amount will help in surviving of this website. So, please don’t hesitate to buy from these links.