Kathi Roll – काठी रोल; is a Calcutta street food but now you can see it anywhere in India as a street food. Very famous and most loved by youngster and children. There are lots of verities available in kathi roll, basically is differentiated by it filling. Here I am discussing the veg. kathi roll for my vegetarian lovers.
Share your veg. kathi roll making experience here in comment box.
20 minPrep Time
30 minCook Time
50 minTotal Time
- Wholewheat flour (गेहूं का आटा) - 1 ¼ cups
- All purposeflour (मैदा) - ¼ cup
- Roughly meshed paneer (पनीर) - 1 cup
- Cabbage (बंदगोभी) - ½ small
- Carrot (गाजर) - 1 small
- Green peas (मटर) - ½ cup
- Capsicum (शिमला मिर्च) - 1 medium
- Tomato (टमाटर) - 2 small
- Onion (प्याज) - 1 medium
- Ginger (अदरक) - 1 inch
- Green chilli (हरी मिर्च) - 1-2
- Coriander (धनिया) leaves - 1-2 sprigs
- Turmeric(हल्दी)powder - ½ tsp.
- Garammasala powder - ½ tsp.
- Lemon juice (नींबू का रस) - 1 tbsp.
- Pizza sauce - 2 tbsp.
- Oil - 2tbsp.
- Milk (दूध) as needed to knead the dough.
- Salt to taste.
- Slice cabbage (बंदगोभी), capsicum (शिमला मिर्च) and onion (प्याज). Shred carrot (गाजर). Chop tomato (टमाटर), green chilli (हरी मिर्च) and coriander (धनिया) leaves. Finely shred ginger (अदरक).
- Mix whole wheat flour (गेहूं का आटा), all purpose flour (मैदा) and a pinch salt along with milk (दूध) to form soft dough. Keep covered and let it rest till the stuffing is done.
- Heat oil in a pan and add onion (प्याज); sauté till golden brown. And sliced ginger (अदरक) and chopped green chilli (हरी मिर्च); sauté for a minute.
- Then add green peas (मटर), roughly meshed paneer (पनीर), sliced cabbage (बंदगोभी) and capsicum (शिमला मिर्च), shred carrot (गाजर), chopped tomato (टमाटर). Sauté till veggies are crunchy.
- After that add turmeric (हल्दी) powder, garam masala powder and lemon juice (नींबू का रस); cook covered for further 2 minutes. Now remove from heat and keep aside.
- Knead the dough and divide into equal parts.
- Take one part of the dough and press it from both sides in dry flour this will help rolling pin. Roll it thin. If the dough sticks to the rolling pin or rolling surface, lightly sprinkle the dry flour.
- Heat the tawa over medium heat, place the roti over tawa for around half minute; roti will change in the color lightly and puff different places.
- Flip the roti over, and lightly press, flip it again roti should have light golden color on both sides.
- Now roti is ready. Repeat step7-9 for all part or dough to make roti’s.
- Take one roti and place it over flat surface. Spread 1 tbsp. of pizza sauce and 2 heaped tbsp. of veggie stuffing length wise on middle of roti.
- Gently seal it from the bottom then close it tightly from the both the sides to form a roll. After that brush the oil both sides of wrap.
- Heat the tawa and place the roll over it and golden brown both sides. After that wrap the lower part of the roll with butter paper/silver foil.
- Repeat step11-13 for all roti’s to make Kathi Rolls. Serve hot with tomato sauce.
|Image courtesy of Sura Nualpradid via FreeDigitalPhotos.net|
This post may contain affiliate links, purchasing that product not cost extra for you but by your purchase A to Z Food Recipes will get some little amount and that amount will help in surviving of this website. So, please don’t hesitate to buy from these links.