Uttapam – उत्तपम; is one of the famous Tamil Nadu breakfast dish. It is just like a pizza or a pan cake topped with chopped veggies. In pizza you layer the toping with sauces and cheese and bake it; but in uttapam you cook it like a pancake with chopped veggie. See full recipe and make your own uttapam.
Did you try it??? How was it made??? Share your experience here in comment box with us.
UttapamCourse: Breakfast, SnacksCuisine: Indian
This South Indian Uttapam is pizza looking pan cake made with semolina, rice flour and curd; top with onion, tomato. Can have in breakfast to kick start your day.
- Finely chop onion (प्याज), tomato (टमाटर), green chillies (हरी मिर्च) and curry leaves (करी पत्ते). Grate ginger (अदरक). Keep aside.
- Mix rava (सूजी), rice flour (चावल का आटा), sour curd (दही) and water to make a smooth batter. After that set aside for 10 minutes.
- After 10 minute batter will become thick, add some more water to make it smooth pouring consistency thick batter.
- Now, add salt as per taste.
- Heat tawa and wipe it with some oiled tissue paper.
- Over the tawa pour a ladle full of batter and spread it lightly.
- Now top it with chopped onion (प्याज), tomato (टमाटर), green chillies (हरी मिर्च), curry leaves (करी पत्ते) and grated ginger (अदरक). With the help of spatula press it little.
- Drizzle oil around the sides of uttapam, cook till the bottom is brown.
- Flip and cook 2-3 minutes on low heat.
- Flip and take out in plate.
- Serve hot with coconut chutney.
|Image courtesy of Nish1892 via Wikimedia Commons|
This post may contain affiliate links, purchasing that product not cost extra for you but by your purchase A to Z Food Recipes will get some little amount and that amount will help in surviving of this website. So, please don’t hesitate to buy from these links.
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.