Poha – पोहा; is a Maharashtra’s breakfast dish. Also known as pohaa, pauwa, sira, chira, or aval. This is made up by flattened rice called chidwa (चिड़वा), by their own they have no taste; but when it sauté with peanut, onion, muster seeds they gave very nice taste. This is my own poha making recipe. Try out it, you must love it.
Have you made poha by this recipe??? Share your views here in comment box.
PohaCourse: Breakfast, SnackCuisine: Indian
This Poha is flattened rice that cooked with onion, peanuts potato and Indian spices. Can have as a breakfast or snack.
Chidwa (चिड़वा) – 1.5 cups
Green Chillies (हरी मिर्च) – 2
Potato (आलू) – 1 medium
Onion (प्याज) – 1 medium
Coriander Leaves (हरा धनिया) – 1tbsp.
Raw Peanuts(मूंगफली) – 1 tbsp.
Turmeric(हल्दी) Powder – ¼ tsp.
Mustard(सरसों) Seeds – ¾ tsp.
Cumin (जीरा) Seeds – ¾ tsp.
Fresh Curry Leaves (करी पत्ता) – 8-9
Sugar (चीनी) – 1 tsp.
Oil (तेल) – 3 tbsp.
Salt (नमक) to taste.
- Chop green chillies (हरी मिर्च), coriander leaves (हरा धनिया) and chop potato (आलू) in small cubes. Finely chop onion (प्याज). Keep aside.
- Roast peanuts (मूंगफली) till crunchy. Keep aside.
- In a strainer put chidwa (चिड़वा) and rinse it in clean running water; to make pohe (चिड़वा) soft, not gets mushy.
- After that sprinkle turmeric (हल्दी) powder, sugar (चीनी) and salt to taste on this rinse pohe (चिड़वा). Mix gently. Keep aside.
- In a pan heat oil and add small cube chopped potato (आलू). Sauté till light golden and crispy. Take them in a plate and keep aside.
- In the same pan add the mustard (सरसों) seeds with hot oil. Sauté till crackling and add cumin (जीरा) seeds. Sauté till start crackling and add finely chopped onion (प्याज). Sauté till translucent.
- Now add curry leaves (करी पत्ता), chopped green chillies (हरी मिर्च) and roasted peanuts (मूंगफली). Sauté for a minute.
- After that add already sauté small cube chopped potato (आलू), immediately after that add rinse salty chidwa (चिड़वा). Mix gently. Sauté the entire chidwa (चिड़वा) mixture on low heat for 2-3 minutes, stirring gently in-between.
- Switch of the gas and cover pan tightly with lid and left it as it is for 5-6 minutes to get chidwa (चिड़वा) steamed.
- Your Pohaa (पोहा) is ready garnish with chopped coriander leaves (हरा धनिया) and serve hot.
This post may contain affiliate links, purchasing that product not cost extra for you but by your purchase A to Z Food Recipes will get some little amount and that amount will help in surviving of this website. So, please don’t hesitate to buy from these links.
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.