As on previous Manchurian Dry recipe I already told that this is an Indo Chinese snack and most popular now a days in Indian functions; it is also famous as road side food too; you can easily found it on any fast food counter here in North India. In previous recipe you learn how to make Manchurian-Dry and now here it is Manchurian-Gravy recipe.
Did you try it??? How’s it made??? Share your experience here in comment box, I love to hear words from my readers.
For more such recipes subscribe or follow on Facebook and Twitter.
Manchurian GravyCourse: Dinner, Lunch, Side Dish, StarterCuisine: Indo-Chinese
This Manchurian Gravy is fired balls of veggies and all purpose flour dipped in corn flour gravy. Can have as main course with Chowmein or Fried Rice.
All Purpose Flour (मैदा) – 3 tbsp.
Corn Flour – 4 tbsp.
Carrot (गाजर) – 1
Cabbage (बंदगोभी) – ¼ from small size
Beans (फलियां) – 5-6
Spring Onion (हरी प्याज) – 2
Garlic (लहसुन) – 5 florets
Pepper (काली मिर्च) Powder – 1 ½ tsp.
Soy Sauce – 2 ¼ tsp.
Tomato Ktchup – 3 tbsp.
Water (पानी) – 1 cup
Oil (तेल) – 1 tbsp.
Salt (नमक) as per taste.
- Finely chop cabbage (बंदगोभी), carrot (गाजर), beans (फलियां), garlic (लहसुन) and both white-green part of spring onion (हरी प्याज). Mix 1 tbsp. corn flour with ¼ cup water. Keep aside.
- Steam chopped cabbage (बंदगोभी), carrot (गाजर), beans (फलियां) for 8-10 minutes.
- In a bowl add all purpose flour (मैदा), corn flour, steamed vegetables, ¼ tsp. soy sauce, ½ tsp. pepper (कालीमिर्च) powder and salt as per taste. Mix well.
- Make balls from this mixture, if require add little water to form proper balls.
- Heat oil in a pan and deep fry these balls till golden brown on medium heat. Drain oil from these balls and place on a plate having paper towel on it to remove excess oil from fried balls.
- Heat oil in a pan adds chopped spring onion (हरी प्याज) white part with chopped garlic (लहसुन), sauté till golden brown.
- Now add 2 tsp. soy sauce, 1 tsp. pepper (काली मिर्च) powder and 1 tbsp. tomato ketchup. Mix well.
- After that add remaining 2 tbsp. tomato ketchup and salt as per taste. Let it cook more till gravy thick enough.
- Now add corn flour water into this mixture, let it be boil, once its boil its color changes to deep brown.
- When gravy is thickened add chopped spring onion (हरी प्याज) green part with fried balls; cook it for 2 minute for the gravy to blend well with the balls. When mixture turns shiny and velvety, it’s ready.
- Serve hot with fried rice or Chowmein.
- Do not use water for making balls, as water released by vegetables will be enough to bind them.
This post may contain affiliate links, purchasing that product not cost extra for you but by your purchase A to Z Food Recipes will get some little amount and that amount will help in surviving of this website. So, please don’t hesitate to buy from these links.
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
hey, I wanted to know what kind of rice would go well with this gravy?
Swati you can take plain rice, fried rice, jeera rice, lemon rice, pea rice with manchurian-gravy. They go best with this gray but you can also try other kind of rice. If you try please share here too.