Mishti Doi – मिष्टी दोई; means frozen mitha dahi (chilled sweet curd). It is a famous Bengali sweet dish. The main ingredient of this sweet is milk and sugar or jaggery. Sweet milk is fermented to make mishti doi.
Chill your summer with this refreshing mishit doi!!!
Please must write some words about this recipe, how was it made? I love to hear from my readers.
For more such recipes subscribe or follow on Facebook and Twitter.
Mishti DoiCourse: Sweet, DessertCuisine: Indian
This Mishti Doi is basically a chilled sweet curd from Bengali sweets. The main ingredient of this sweet is milk and sugar or jaggery. Can have as a dessert.
Full Fat Milk (दूध) – 1 litre
Sugar (चीनी) – 200 grams
Curd (दही) – 2 tsp.
Chopped Dry Fruits – 8 tsp.
Water (पानी) – 2 tbsp.
- Add 125 grams of sugar (चीनी) to the full fat milk (दूध) and bring it to boil on a high flame for 10 minutes.
- Now add remaining 75 grams of sugar (चीनी) with water on heavy base vessel (पतीली) and melt on low heat until mixture turns to dark brown.
- Slowly add this sugar (चीनी) mixture to the boiled milk and boil it again for 5 minutes.
- After that cool this mixture to lukewarm and add curd (दही); mix well. Pour on 8 small size handle-less terracotta cup (कुल्हड़).
- Cover and allow to set for 6 to 8 hours on worm place.
- Garnish each Mishit Doi small size handle-less terracotta cup (कुल्हड़) with chopped dry fruits and place it on refrigerate for 30-60 minutes. Serve cold.
|Image courtesy of Kirti Poddar via Wikimedia Commons|
This post may contain affiliate links, purchasing that product not cost extra for you but by your purchase A to Z Food Recipes will get some little amount and that amount will help in surviving of this website. So, please don’t hesitate to buy from these links.
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.