Sondesh – संदेश; it is a Bengali sweet. Just like peda (पेड़ा) it is also made up of milk but in peda you reduce the size of milk to make peda’s. While making sandesh you use paneer-made from milk. It is very easy to make. You can use your homemade paneer or buy it from market, (easily available in any Indian sweet shop).
Must try out this sandesh recipe and share your experience with us here in comment box.
SondeshCourse: Dessert, SweetCuisine: Indian
This Sondesh is a Bengali sweet made up by cottage cheese. Can have as a sweet or dessert.
Cottage Cheese (पनीर) – 400 gram
Milk (दूध) Powder – 2 tbsp.
Warm Milk (दूध) – 1 tbsp.
Almonds (बादाम) – 10-12
Pistachios (पिस्ता) – 8-10
Saffron (केसर) – A few strands
Pistachio Essence – ½ tsp.
Cardamom (इलायची) Powder – ½ tsp.
Powdered Sugar (पिसी चीनी) – ½ cup
Ghee (घी) – ½ tsp.
Moulds of any shape you like.
- Cut almonds (बादाम) and pistachios (पिस्ता) lengthwise and soak them with saffron (केसर) strands in worm milk (दूध). Keep aside.
- Mix the fresh cottage cheese (पनीर) and milk (दूध) powder together in a pan and cook on medium heat for 3-4 minute; stirring continuously.
- Now allow this mixture to cool.
- When it cools, add Pistachio (पिस्ता) essence, Cardamom (इलायची) powder and Powdered sugar (पिसी चीनी); mix well until smooth dough is moulded.
- Lightly grease the moulds with ghee. Put some soaked almonds (बादाम), pistachios (पिस्ता) and saffron (केसर) strands. Do it on each mould.
- After that press some of cottage cheese (पनीर) mixture on the top of the topping in each mould.
- Put on refrigerator for few hours and after that unmould carefully. Serve cool.
|Image courtesy of Biswarup Ganguly via Wikimedia Commons|
This post may contain affiliate links, purchasing that product not cost extra for you but by your purchase A to Z Food Recipes will get some little amount and that amount will help in surviving of this website. So, please don’t hesitate to buy from these links.
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.