A hot and spicy soup made from veggies called Manchow Soup. Everyone loves this soup while go out for dinner/lunch in restaurant. Every time when you take this soup, you must think how it’s made up? Can I make it at home? Or your husband/child must ask you mom can you make it at home? All these questions answer is here in this recipe.
Try out this Manchow Soup at home by your own and tell us your experience with us on comment.
Manchow SoupCourse: Soup, StarterCuisine: World
This healthy yet tasty Manchow Soup is full of veggies. Can have anytime when you feel little hunger or serve as starter.
- For The Vegetable Stock
Cabbage (पत्ता गोभी) – 1/2 cup
Carrots (गाजर) – 1/2 cup
Spring Onions (हरा प्याज) – 2 tbsp
Cauliflower (फुल गोभी) Florets – 3 to 4
Salt (नमक) as per taste.
- !For The Soup
Garlic (लहसुन) – 1 tbsp
Ginger (अदरक) – 1 tbsp
Mint (पुदीना) Leaves – 1 tbsp
Green Chillies (मिर्च) – 1 tbsp
Cabbage (पत्ता गोभी) – 2 tbsp
Carrots (गाजर) – 2 tbsp
Cauliflower (फुल गोभी) – 2 tbsp
Tomatoes (टमाटर) – 2 tbsp
Capsicum (शिमला मिर्च) – 2 tbsp
Coriander (धनिया) – 1/2 tbsp
Cornflour – 2 tbsp
Black Pepper (काली मिर्च) Powder – 1/4 tbsp
Soy Sauce – 1 tbsp
Oil (तेल) – 2 tbsp
Vegetable Stock – 4 cups
Salt (नमक) as per taste.
- !For the vegetable stock
- Roughly chop Cabbage (पत्ता गोभी), Carrots (गाजर), Spring Onions (हरा प्याज) and Cauliflower (फुल गोभी) florets. Keep aside.
- Heat 6 cups of water in a pan, add all the vegetables with salt (नमक) as per taste. and boil on a medium flame for 15 to 20 minutes. Allow the vegetables to settle at the bottom of the vessel and pour out the stock. Discard the vegetables and keep aside.
- !For the soup
- Finely chop garlic (लहसुन), ginger (अदरक), mint (पुदीना) leaves, green chillies (हरी मिर्ची), cabbage (पत्ता गोभी), carrots (गाजर), cauliflower (फुल गोभी), tomatoes (टमाटर), capsicum (शिमला मिर्च) and coriander (धनिया) separately. Keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a pan on a high flame till it smokes.
- Add the garlic, ginger and green chillies and sauté on a high flame for a few seconds.
- Add the cabbage (पत्ता गोभी), cauliflower (फुल गोभी), capsicum (शिमला मिर्च), carrots and sauté on a high flame for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes, mint (पुदीना) leaves and coriander, mix well and sauté on a high flame for 1 minute.
- Add the vegetable stock, mix well and cook on a high flame for 2 to 3 minutes. Keep stirring in-between.
- Add the salt (नमक), soya sauce. Mix well and cook on a high flame for another 2 minutes. Keep stirring in-between.
- Add the prepared cornflour-water mixture, mix well and cook on a high flame for 2 to 3 more minutes. Keep stirring.
- Add the pepper powder and mix well. Serve immediately topped with fried noodles.
- For prepared cornflour: 2 tbsp. cornflour dissolved in 1/2 cup of water.
- You can make vegetable stock in advance to use upto 1 week, store in refrigerator.
- You can use Vegetable stock veggies to make veggies mesh.
|Image courtesy of jungle jamboree via flickr.com|
This post may contain affiliate links, purchasing that product not cost extra for you but by your purchase A to Z Food Recipes will get some little amount and that amount will help in surviving of this website. So, please don’t hesitate to buy from these links.
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.