Paneer Makhani – Makhni means cream, when soft and mellow paneer cubes cooked in a Cashewnuts, cream and tomato gravy then it’s become Paneer Makhni (पनीर मखनी). It is north India’s ever famous curry dish. It’s mostly serves with naan or roti.
Try out this restaurant style recipe at your home and surprise everyone. Feel free to share your wordings in comment box.
Paneer MakhaniCourse: Dinner, Lunch, MainCuisine: Indian
Cottage Cheese (पनीर) – 200 grams
Fresh Cream (ताजा मलाई) – 1/2 cup
Tomato (टमाटर) – 5 large
Ginger (अदरक) – 1 tsp
Green Cardamoms (छोटी इलायची) crushed (only seeds) – 2
Garam Masala (गरम मसाला) – 1/2 tsp
Red Chilli (लाल मिर्च) Powder – 1/2 tsp
Kasoori Methi (कसूरी मेथी) – 2 tsp
Tomato Ketchup – 1 tsp
Butter (मक्खन) – 2 tbsp
Oil (तेल) – 2 tbsp
Sugar (चीनी) – 1/2 tsp
Salt (नमक) as per taste.
- Cottage Cheese (पनीर) dice cut. keep aside.
- Chop tomato (टमाटर) & ginger separately. Keep aside.
- Soak Cashew nuts (काजू) or Magaj (मगज) in 1/2 cup water for 30 minutes. Drain water and make a paste.
- In a microwave safe deep dish add tomatoes, ginger (अदरक) and 1/2 cup of water, cover and and microwave on high temperature covered for 5 minutes.
- Cool to room temperature and pure in a mixer.
- Microwave butter, oil and green cardamoms (छोटी इलायची) for 2 minutes.
- Add salt, sugar, red chilli powder and garam masala. Mix well.
- Add fresh tomato puree and tomato ketchup. Mix very well.
- Microwave on high temperature covered for 4 minutes. Stir once.
- Microwave on high temperature uncovered for 4 minutes again.
- Add cashew nuts (काजू) or magaj paste and kasoori methi. Mix well. Add 1/2 cup of water. Microwave on high temperature for 3 minutes.
- Add diced cottage cheese. Add fresh cream. Microwave on high temperature for 2 minutes.
- Garnished with butter and coriander (dhaniya) leave. Serve hot.
|Image courtesy of Monali.mishra via Wikimedia Commons|
This post may contain affiliate links, purchasing that product not cost extra for you but by your purchase A to Z Food Recipes will get some little amount and that amount will help in surviving of this website. So, please don’t hesitate to buy from these links.
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.