Paneer Butter Masala!!! Yammy!!! Mouth Watering!!! This famous north Indian dish is favourite of everyone, is made up by cooking cottage cheese with butter and Indian spices. The richness of spices and creaminess of gray make it delicious and look perfect dish with any Indian roti, paratha or simple rice.
Try out this simple Paneer Butter Masala recipe and share your experience with us.
This North Indian famous Paneer Butter Masala is made up by cooking cottage cheese with butter and Indian spices. Can have as main dish meal with naan or roti.
Cottage Cheese (पनीर) – 500 grams
Onion (प्याज) – 1 medium
Tomato (टमाटर) – 6 medium size
Ginger (अदरक) Paste – 2 tbsp.
Garlic (लहसुन) Paste – 2 tbsp.
Fresh cream – 2 tbsp.
Cloves (लौंग) – 2
Cinnamon (दालचीनी) – 2 one-inch
Dry Coriander (धनिया) Seeds – 2 tbsp.
Coriander (धनिया) Powder – 1 tbsp.
Red chilli (लाल मिर्च) Powder – 1 tbsp
Kasoori Methi – 1/2 tsp.
Butter (मक्खन) – 5 tbsp.
Oil (तेल) – 1 tsp.
Salt as per taste.
- Dice cut cottage cheese (पनीर). Slice Onion (प्याज). Chop Tomato (टमाटर). Keep aside all.
- Heat 3 tbsp. butter with 1 tsb. oil in a pan. Add bay leaves (तेज पत्ता), cloves (लौंग), cinnamon (दालचीनी), broken red chilli (लाल मिर्च) and 1 tbsp .of crushed dry coriander (धनिया) seeds. Sauté for 1 minute.
- Add onion (प्याज) and stir-fry for 30 seconds. Add ginger (अदरक) paste and garlic (लहसुन) paste, cook for another 30 seconds.
- Add coriander (धनिया) powder, red chilli (लाल मिर्च) powder and tomatoes (टमाटर). Cook on high heat till oil leaves the masala. Cool in room temperature and puree the mixture.
- Heat remaining 2 tbsp. butter in pan and cook the pureed mixture for 2 minutes. Now, add diced cottage cheese and salt as per taste, add half cup of water. Cover the pan and cook for another 5 minutes in low flame.
- Sprinkle crushed kasoori methi and mix with light hands. Remove from stove and add cream and mix well.
- Garnished with fresh cream and chopped coriander (धनिया) leave. Serve hot.
|Image courtesy of Photo_Mind via flickr.com|
This post may contain affiliate links, purchasing that product not cost extra for you but by your purchase A to Z Food Recipes will get some little amount and that amount will help in surviving of this website. So, please don’t hesitate to buy from these links.
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.