Atte Ki Pinni – आटे की पिन्नी (Wheat Flour Indian Sweet) is north Indian Punjabi cuisine dish. This is basically made in winter’s. Now a day’s there are many kind of pinnies like Urad Dal Pinni, Suji Pinni, Moong Dal Pinni etc. but Atte Ki Pinni (आटे की पिन्नी) is a traditional Punjabi pinni’s which has been made for centuries.
Why don’t you try out my Atte ki Pinni (आटे की पिन्नी); which is a traditional way to make pinni’s. Don’t forget to share your experience with us in comment section below.
Atte Ki PinniCourse: Desserts, SweetsCuisine: Indian
Atte Ki Pinni is a traditional winter north Indian Punjabi Sweet; made with desi ghee and wheat flour.
- In a heavy base deep pan heat 2 tbsp. clarified butter (घी) and add edible gum (गोंद कतीरा). Roast on low flame until gum puffed and turns golden brown.
- Take it out in a plate. Make sure all clarified butter (घी) drained off.
- Add this puffed edible gum (गोंद कतीरा) in mortar pestle and crush it to a coarse powder. Keep aside.
- Finely chop almonds (बादाम).
- In a same pan with remaining clarified butter (घी) from edible gum (गोंद कतीरा) roast finely chopped almonds (बादाम) until turn golden brown. Drain off into plate. Keep aside.
- Now, in same pan and clarified butter (घी) – roast muskmelon seeds (मगज़) until turn golden brown.
- Drain off and make a fine powder. Keep aside.
- In a same pan, heat the remaining clarified butter (घी) and roast wheat flour (आटा) for 30-40 minutes on low flame. Keep stirring.
- Take out this clarified butter (घी) roasted wheat flour (आटा) into a deep mixing bowl. Keep aside to cool it enough to handle with hands.
- Now in this clarified butter (घी) and wheat flour (आटा) mixer add coarse powered edible gum (गोंद कतीरा), chopped roasted almonds (बादाम), roasted powdered muskmelon seeds (मगज़) and powdered sugar/icing sugar (पिसी चीनी). Mix well.
- Now, take a small portion of a mixture and make a small ball with hands. Keep doing this until all mixture turn into balls. Keep aside.
- Once all pinni’s are cool, shift them into air tight storage container.
- Roast wheat flour (आटा) until golden brown, make sure it’s not burn.
- Don’t cool clarified butter (घी) roasted wheat flour (आटा) completely, otherwise clarified butter (घी) will freeze and binding pinni’s become tuff. Little warm mixture bind pinni’s fine.
- You can store these pinni’s for a month.
This post may contain affiliate links, purchasing that product not going to cost extra but by your purchase A to Z Food Recipes will get some little commission and that amount will help in surviving this website. So, please don’t hesitate to buy from these affiliate links.