Atte Ki Pinni – आटे की पिन्नी (Wheat Flour Indian Sweet) is north Indian Punjabi cuisine dish. This is basically made in winter’s. Now a day’s there are many kind of pinnies like Urad Dal Pinni, Suji Pinni, Moong Dal Pinni etc. but Atte Ki Pinni (आटे की पिन्नी) is a traditional Punjabi pinni’s which has been made for centuries.
Why don’t you try out my Atte ki Pinni (आटे की पिन्नी); which is a traditional way to make pinni’s. Don’t forget to share your experience with us in comment section below.
For more such Indian Sweet Recipes subscribe or follow on Facebook and Twitter.
Atte Ki PinniCourse: Desserts, SweetsCuisine: Indian
Atte Ki Pinni is a traditional winter north Indian Punjabi Sweet; made with desi ghee and wheat flour.
Wheat Flour (आटा) – 750 Grams
Clarified Butter (घी) – 500 Grams
Edible Gum (गोंद कतीरा) – 1/4 Cup
Almond (बादाम) – 1/4 Cup
Muskmelon Seeds (मगज़) – 1/4 Cup
- In a heavy base deep pan heat 2 tbsp. clarified butter (घी) and add edible gum (गोंद कतीरा). Roast on low flame until gum puffed and turns golden brown.
- Take it out in a plate. Make sure all clarified butter (घी) drained off.
- Add this puffed edible gum (गोंद कतीरा) in mortar pestle and crush it to a coarse powder. Keep aside.
- Finely chop almonds (बादाम).
- In a same pan with remaining clarified butter (घी) from edible gum (गोंद कतीरा) roast finely chopped almonds (बादाम) until turn golden brown. Drain off into plate. Keep aside.
- Now, in same pan and clarified butter (घी) – roast muskmelon seeds (मगज़) until turn golden brown.
- Drain off and make a fine powder. Keep aside.
- In a same pan, heat the remaining clarified butter (घी) and roast wheat flour (आटा) for 30-40 minutes on low flame. Keep stirring.
- Take out this clarified butter (घी) roasted wheat flour (आटा) into a deep mixing bowl. Keep aside to cool it enough to handle with hands.
- Now in this clarified butter (घी) and wheat flour (आटा) mixer add coarse powered edible gum (गोंद कतीरा), chopped roasted almonds (बादाम), roasted powdered muskmelon seeds (मगज़) and powdered sugar/icing sugar (पिसी चीनी). Mix well.
- Now, take a small portion of a mixture and make a small ball with hands. Keep doing this until all mixture turn into balls. Keep aside.
- Once all pinni’s are cool, shift them into air tight storage container.
- Roast wheat flour (आटा) until golden brown, make sure it’s not burn.
- Don’t cool clarified butter (घी) roasted wheat flour (आटा) completely, otherwise clarified butter (घी) will freeze and binding pinni’s become tuff. Little warm mixture bind pinni’s fine.
- You can store these pinni’s for a month.
This post may contain affiliate links, purchasing that product not going to cost extra but by your purchase A to Z Food Recipes will get some little commission and that amount will help in surviving this website. So, please don’t hesitate to buy from these affiliate links.