Oats Onion Chilli Paratha
Paratha (पराठा) A famous North Indian Punjabi Breakfast. This Oats Onion Chilli Paratha is another my cooking experiment. Oats are healthy, mix it with paratha to give healthy twist to your breakfast.
Try out this amazing healthy version of your favorite paratha. Don’t forget to share your experience with us in comment section below.
Oats Onion Chilli ParathaCourse: Bread, Breakfast, Roti / ParathaCuisine: Indian
This Oats Onion Chilli Paratha is a little healthy version of your breakfast paratha.
Instant Oats – 8 tsp.
Onion (प्याज) – 3 Medium
Chilli (मिर्च) – 4-8 (as per your taste)
Fresh Coriander (हरा धनिया) – 20 Sprigs (optional)
Whole wheat flour (गेहूं का आटा) – 2 cups
Chat masala – 1 tsp.
Black pepper (काली मिर्च) powder – 1/2 tsp.
Ghee (घी) to tawa fry.
Oil (तेल) – 1/2 tsp.
Water (पानी) as much required.
Salt (नमक) as per taste.
- In a whole wheat flour (गेहूं का आटा) add pinch of salad and oil. Mix well by rubbing this mixture in between hands.
- Now make smooth dough of this mixture. Cover with kitchen cloth and keep aside.
- Fine chop onion (प्याज), chilli (मिर्च) and fresh coriander (हरा धनिया).
- Mix chopped onion (प्याज), chilli (मिर्च) and fresh coriander (हरा धनिया) with instant oats, chat masala, black pepper and salt to taste. Keep aside.
- Now take dough, and divide it into 8 equal parts. Wet your palm with oil and take 1 part of dough and roll the dough in balls, press in between your palm.
- Roll the dough flatten into round not to think or thin puri with rolling board and rolling pin.
- Take near to 1 or 1.5 tbsp. oats onion (प्याज) mix and evenly spread it over flatten round puri.
- Now overlap ⅓ puri and press little, now overlap the remaining ⅓ part and again press it little. (it will make 1 long ruler like shape).
- Now take 1 side of this long ruler shape dough roll it like spiral. Little press end and turn it up cylindrically.
- Press this spiral cylinder to make round circle.
- Roll this circle flatten into round little think or thin with rolling board and rolling pin.
- Heat tawa, put raw paratha on this hot tawa. Cook it until golden brown spots appear on bottom side, flip and apply some ghee (घी), flip and apply some ghee (घी) on other side too. Cook for 1-2 minutes flip several times in-between.
- Repeat steps 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 and 11 for all 8 parts of dough. If require sprinkle some instant oats in your rolling board, so paratha will not stuck in rolling board or rolling pin.
- Serve hot with curd or chutney or some pickle; as you like.
This post may contain affiliate links, purchasing that product not going to cost extra but by your purchase A to Z Food Recipes will get some little commission and that amount will help in surviving this website. So, please don’t hesitate to buy from these affiliate links.