Gulab Jamun – (गुलाब जामुन); every once favourite!!! You too love to have hot gulab jamun in winters!!!
Most famous Indian dessert is made up by water separated milk solids called chena (छैना) and mava (मावा). From my childhood I am really found of this yummy, tasty, mouth watering gulab jamun and made several of several time at home.
Try out this recipe and share your experience with us here in comment box.
15 minPrep Time
40 minCook Time
55 minTotal Time
- Mawa (मावा) - 1 ½ cups
- Chenna (छैना) - ¼ cup
- Soda bicarbonate - ¼ tsp.
- All-purpose flour (मैदा) - 3 tbsp.
- Cardamom (इलायची) powder - ¼ tsp.
- Rose essence - 2 tbsp.
- Rose petals - 5-10
- Sugar (चीनी) - 2 cups
- Water - 2 cups
- Oil to deep fry.
- Mesh mawa (मावा) and chenna (छैना), now mix it with soda bicarbonate, all-purpose flour (मैदा), cardamom (इलायची) powder and rose essence and make soft dough.
- Divide this dough into sixteen equal parts and make round balls. Keep aside.
- Now in a deep pan heat oil and deep fry all balls to golden brown.
- Now in a heavy base deep pan add sugar (चीनी), water and rose petals to make sugar syrup. If any scum in syrup remove it and clear the sugar syrup. Low the flame.
- Add these fried balls in sugar syrup and bring it to boil. Switch off the gas.
- Serve hot as dessert or evening snack.
|Image courtesy of Sapra5379 via Wikimedia Commons|
This post may contain affiliate links, purchasing that product not cost extra for you but by your purchase A to Z Food Recipes will get some little amount and that amount will help in surviving of this website. So, please don’t hesitate to buy from these links.