Idiyappam – ईडयप्पम; A South Indian breakfast dish made up of rice flour, is also traditionally known as Semige or Semé da Adda or Nooputt or Putumayam or string hoppers. Rice flour batter pressed in noodle form and the steamed into idli or idiyappam make.
Very easy to make, try out it at home and share your experience with us here in comment box.
20 minPrep Time
50 minCook Time
1 hr, 10 Total Time
- Rice flour (चावल का आटा) - 1.5 cups
- Fresh coconut (नारियल/ खोपरा) - ½
- Water - 1 ½ cups
- A pinch of salt.
- Slightly roast rice flour (चावल का आटा). Keep aside.
- Great fresh coconut (नारियल/ खोपरा). Keep aside.
- Add a pinch of salt into roasted rice flour (चावल का आटा). Mix and keep aside.
- Boil the water and start adding this boiled water on salt mixed roasted rice flour (चावल का आटा). Mix with wooden spoon until dough not mix together - but don’t add too much water it will spoil your dish; we need to make dough not a liquid mix. Now carefully (as mixed dough is hot) knead dough with your hand until become smooth and soft. Cover the dough with wet kitchen cloth and keep aside.
- Grace your idli moulds and idiyappam press with little oil. Sprinkle grated coconut over graced idli maker.
- Take small portion of dough and fill your idiyappam press; press this dough over the graced coconut sprinkle idli maker.
- In a steamer add water and when its start boiling place the idli moulds into it and steam for 8-10 minutes on medium – high flame. Turn off the gas and keep the steamer close for a minute or 2.
- Take out steamed idiyappams in serving plate and serve hot with sāmbhar or any kind of your taste chutney.
This post may contain affiliate links, purchasing that product not cost extra for you but by your purchase A to Z Food Recipes will get some little amount and that amount will help in surviving of this website. So, please don’t hesitate to buy from these links.