Sweet Corn Curry
I love to have corn in my meal, snack etc. Masala Sweet Corn, Corn Sandwich, Corn Spicy Soup are my every time favorite. This Sweet Corn Curry recipe is finger licking good semi- gravy restaurant style dish, best goes with naan, chapattis or paratha. Little sweet and creamy taste of this sweet corn main course dish loved by everyone.
Try out this recipe and share your experience here in comment box.
Sweet Corn Kernels – 1 cup
Tomato (टमाटर) – 2 medium
Onion (प्याज) – 2 medium
Garlic (लहसुन) – 6-8 cloves
Ginger (अदरक) – 1/2 inch
Cumin Seeds (जीरा) – 1 tsp.
Asafoetida (हींग) – A pinch
Red Chilli (लाल मिर्च) Powder – 1 tsp.
Turmeric (हल्दी) Powder – 1/2 tsp.
Garam Masala – 1/2 tsp.
Cashew Nut (काजू) – 8-10
Water (पानी) as much required. (optional)
Oil (तेल) – 1 tbsp.
Salt (नमक) as per taste.
- Boil the sweet corn kernels to make them soft, but don’t over boil otherwise your dish spoil.
- Peel off the skin of tomatoes (टमाटर) by blanching on boiling water and chop them. Peel and finely chop onion (प्याज). Keep Aside.
- Make a paste of ginger (अदरक) and garlic (लहसुन). Keep Aside.
- Make a paste of cashew nut (काजू) by soaking them in water for 10-15 minutes and then make paste. Keep aside.
- In pan heat oil, add cumin seeds (जीरा) and a pinch of asafoetida (हींग). Sauté till the cumin seeds (जीरा) turn brown.
- Now add ginger- garlic (अदरक-लहसुन) paste and sauté until the raw aroma of garlic (लहसुन) goes away.
- Now add finely chopped onion and sauté till they become translucent. Immediately add skinned chopped tomatoes (टमाटर); sauté for a minute. Add red chilli (लाल मिर्च) powder, turmeric (हल्दी) powder, garam masala and salt to taste; mix well and sauté in medium heat until oil reducing from sides.
- Now add drained boiled sweet corn kernels; mix well and cook for 3-4 minutes.
- Finally add cashew nut (काजू) paste. Mix well and cook for a minute. (If require add little water this time and cook for 2-3 minutes then.)
- Garnish with chopped fresh coriander (हरा धनिया) and serve hot with naan, chapattis or paratha.
This post may contain affiliate links, purchasing that product not cost extra for you but by your purchase A to Z Food Recipes will get some little amount and that amount will help in surviving of this website. So, please don’t hesitate to buy from these links.