Shrikhand – श्रीखन्ड; is a Gujarati and Maharashtrian Indian sweet dish made from hug curd. Normally you can found in wedding or Restaurant in a thali meal. It is very easy to make and anyone can make it, no such specific ingredient require making it, all are available in home easily. I love to have it in summer time, but you can have it in any season as you like.
What are you waiting for, try out this recipe and share your experience here with us in comment box.
ShrikhandCourse: Dessert, SweetCuisine: Indian
This Shrikhand from Gujarat and Maharashtra cuisine in India loved by every sweet lover. Can have a dessert like other Indian Sweets Gulab Jamun Etc.
- On the top of deep bowl place sieve (छलनी) and layer it with cotton cloth. Pour curd over it, pick all four corners of cotton cloth, wrap all sides and tightly tie cotton cloth. Hang curd in a refrigerator for overnight. Remember not to remove blow and sieve (छलनी) below the hang curd. This process is for to remove all water from curd.
- Next morning, mix saffron (केसर) in warm water. Chop dry fruit. Make fine powder of cardamom (छोटी इलायची). Keep aside.
- Take hung curd in a bowl mix it with cardamom (छोटी इलायची) powder, powdered sugar (पिसी चीनी) and saffron (केसर) mix warm milk in a bowl. Lightly stir with a spoon.
- Now with beater or blender wipe this mixed hung curd to make it smooth. Your Shrikhand is now ready. Refrigerate to serve later.
- Garnish with chopped dry fruits and serve chill as dessert.
|Image courtesy of Secretlondon via Wikimedia Commons|
This post may contain affiliate links, purchasing that product not cost extra for you but by your purchase A to Z Food Recipes will get some little amount and that amount will help in surviving of this website. So, please don’t hesitate to buy from these links.