Easy to make, quick lemon rice recipe; this is basically a dish which made from cooked rice sauté in a lemon and spices. Whenever I had a less time and want to cook some yummy and easy, I make these Lemon rice and have them with curd – you can take is with any curry or simple as it is.
Did you try this recipe??? How it is made??? Share your experience; I love to hear words from my reader.
Lemon RiceCourse: Dinner, Lunch, MainCuisine: Indian
This Lemon Rice is basically a dish which made from cooked rice sauté in a lemon juice and Indian spices. Can have main course dish with or without curd.
Basmati Rice (बासमती चावल) – 2 cups
Coriander (धनिया) Seeds – 1 tsp.
Mustard (सरसों) Seeds – 1 tsp.
Peanuts (मूंगफली) – ½ cup
Turmeric (हल्दी) Powder – 1 tsp.
Green Chilies (हरी मिर्च) – 2
Curry Leaves (कड़ी पत्ता) – 3-4
Ginger (अदरक) – 1 inch
Lemon (नींबू) – 2
Vegetable Oil (तेल) – 2 tbsp.
Salt (नमक) to taste.
- Wash and soak basmati rice for 30 minutes. Now, cook them in a pressure cooker. Keep aside.
- Slit green chilies (हरी मिर्च) lengthwise, grated ginger (अदरक). Roast peanuts (मूंगफली) without salt. Squeeze lemon (नींबू). Gently roast and make powder of coriander (धनिया) seeds. Keep aside.
- Heat vegetable oil in a pan and add mustard (सरसों) seeds, curry leaves (कड़ी पत्ता) and slit green chilies (हरी मिर्च). Sauté till start crackling.
- Add grated ginger (अदरक) and roast peanuts (मूंगफली). Sauté for a minute.
- After that add turmeric (हल्दी) powder and remove from flame.
- Add lemon (नींबू) juice and mix well.
- Now add cooked basmati rice, coriander (धनिया) powder and salt to taste. Mix evenly.
- Serve hot with any curry dish or eat as it is.
This post may contain affiliate links, purchasing that product not cost extra for you but by your purchase A to Z Food Recipes will get some little amount and that amount will help in surviving of this website. So, please don’t hesitate to buy from these links.
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.