Navratan means nine gems & Korma means cooked meat. But Navratan Korma is not a meat dish. It is fully vegetarian dish. It is made with nine vegetables or paneer and nuts or some time by mixing both; main thing is the dish is made up with nine main ingredients.
You can use less main ingredient also but as much as near to nine you use, then it is called Navratan Korma.
Try out this recipe and share your experience here in comment box.
Navratan KormaCourse: Dinner, Lunch, MainCuisine: Indian
This Navratan Korma is made with nine vegetables or paneer and nuts or some time by mixing both; main thing is the dish is made up with nine main ingredients. Can have as main course meal.
Peas (मटर) – 1/2 cup
Green beans (हरी फलियां) – 4-5
Capsicum (शिमला मिर्च) – 2
Carrots (गाजर) – 1-2 medium
Cauliflower (फूलगोभी) – 4-5 florets
Potato (आलू) – 2-4
Onion (प्याज) – 2
Tomato (टमाटर) – 1 large
Garlic (लहसुन) – 4 cloves
Ginger (अदरक) – 2 inch
Green Chilies (हरी मिर्च) – 1-2
Coriander (धनिया) Leaves – 4-5
Cumin (जीरा) Seeds – 1/2 tsp.
Coriander (धनिया) Powder – 1 tsp.
Red Chilli (लाल मिर्च) Powder – 1 tsp.
Deggi Mirch (देगी मिर्ची) Powder – 1/2 tsp.
Turmeric (हल्दी) Powder – 1/2 tsp.
Garam Masala (गरम मसाला) – 1/2 tsp.
Cardamom (इलायची) Powder – 1/4 tsp.
Fenugreek Leaves (कसूरी मेथी) – 1/2 tsp.
Golden Raisins (किशमिश) – 1/4 cup
Cashews (काजू) – 1 cup
Fresh Cream (ताजा मलाई) – 1/2 cup
Clarified Butter (घी) – 3 tbsp.
Water (पानी) – 1 1/2 cup
Salt (नमक) as per taste.
- Wash and chop green beans (हरी फलियां), capsicum (शिमला मिर्च), carrots (गाजर), cauliflower (फूलगोभी), tomatoes (टमाटर) and green chilies (हरी मिर्च). Wash, peel and chop potato (आलू), onion (प्याज), ginger (अदरक) and garlic (लहसुन). Keep aside.
- In boiling water add chopped potato (आलू) and cook cover for 5 minutes. Now add peas (मटर) and chopped green beans (हरी फलियां), capsicum (शिमला मिर्च), carrots (गाजर), cauliflower (फूलगोभी). Cook cover further for 5 minutes. Now drain the water from vegetables and keep aside.
- In a pan heat 2 tbsp. clarified butter (घी) on medium heat and add cumin (जीरा) seeds and sauté till start crackling. Now add chopped onion (प्याज), sauté for 2-3 minute until translucent.
- After that add chopped ginger (अदरक), garlic (लहसुन), tomato (टमाटर) and green chilies (हरी मिर्च). Also add coriander (धनिया) powder, red chilli (लाल मिर्च) powder, deggi mirch powder, turmeric (हल्दी) powder, garam masala, cardamom (इलायची) powder and salt as per taste. Mix well and sauté for a minute. Now add 1/2 cup cashews (काजू) and sauté for 8-10 minutes.
- Cool this mixture and make a puree with 1 1/2 cup of water.
- Put this puree again in pan over low heat and add boiled vegetables. Keep cooking with often stirring.
- On other pan add 1 tbsp. clarified butter (घी), 1/4 cup cashews (काजू) and 1/4 cup golden raisins (किशमिश). Sauté for a minute on medium heat. Then add it on the above pan.
- Now add fresh cream, fenugreek leaves (कसूरी मेथी) and cook for 4-5 minute on medium heat.
- Garnish with remaining chopped cashews (काजू) and coriander (धनिया) leaves. Serve hot.
|Image courtesy of Miansari66 via Wikimedia Commons|
This post may contain affiliate links, purchasing that product not cost extra for you but by your purchase A to Z Food Recipes will get some little amount and that amount will help in surviving of this website. So, please don’t hesitate to buy from these links.
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.