A hot and spicy soup made from veggies called Manchow Soup. Everyone loves this soup while go out for dinner/lunch in restaurant. Every time when you take this soup, you must think how it’s made up? Can I make it at home? Or your husband/child must ask you mom can you make it at home? All these questions answer is here in this recipe.
Try out this Manchow Soup at home by your own and tell us your experience with us on comment.
10 minPrep Time
35 minCook Time
45 minTotal Time
- Cabbage (पत्ता गोभी) chopped - ½ cup
- Carrots roughly chopped - ½ cup
- Spring onions chopped - 2 tbsp
- Cauliflower (फुल गोभी) florets - 3 to 4
- vegetable stock - 4 cups
- Garlic (लहसुन) finely chopped - 1 tbsp
- Ginger (अदरक) finely chopped - 1 tbsp
- Mint (पुदीना) leaves finely chopped - 1 tbsp
- Green chillies (मिर्च) finely chopped - 1 tbsp
- Cabbage (पत्ता गोभी) finely chopped - 2 tbsp
- Carrots (गाजर) finely chopped - 2 tbsp
- Cauliflower (फुल गोभी) finely chopped - 2 tbsp
- Tomatoes (टमाटर) finely chopped - 2 tbsp
- Capsicum (शिमला मिर्च) finely chopped - 2 tbsp
- Soy sauce - 1 tbsp
- Peppercorns (काली मिर्च) powder - 1/4 tbsp
- Coriander (धनिया) finely chopped - 1/2 tbsp
- Cornflour - 2 tbsp
- Salt to taste.
- Heat 6 cups of water in a pan, add all the vegetables and boil on a medium flame for 15 to 20 minutes. Allow the vegetables to settle at the bottom of the vessel and pour out the stock. Discard the vegetables and keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a pan on a high flame till it smokes.
- Add the garlic, ginger and green chillies and sauté on a high flame for a few seconds.
- Add the cabbage (पत्ता गोभी), cauliflower (फुल गोभी), capsicum (शिमला मिर्च), carrots and sauté on a high flame for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes, mint (पुदीना) leaves and coriander, mix well and sauté on a high flame for 1 minute.
- Add the vegetable stock, mix well and cook on a high flame for 2 to 3 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the salt, soya sauce, mix well and cook on a high flame for another 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the prepared cornflour-water mixture, mix well and cook on a high flame for 2 to 3 more minutes, while stirring continuously.
- Add the pepper powder and mix well. Serve immediately topped with fried noodles.
• For prepared cornflour: 2 tbsp. cornflour dissolved in 1/2 cup of water.
|Image courtesy of jungle jamboree via flickr.com|
This post may contain affiliate links, purchasing that product not cost extra for you but by your purchase A to Z Food Recipes will get some little amount and that amount will help in surviving of this website. So, please don’t hesitate to buy from these links.