Biryani is rice dish cooked with veggies and Indian spices. Traditional Hyderabadi biryani is meat biryani, in which rice are cooked with meat and spices. But as the time goes and Indian cuisine becomes diverse, our great chef tries to make new dishes out of old one. So, now veg biryani also in Indian cuisine. There are many kinds of veg biryani in today’s Indian cuisine; today I am sharing a recipe of “Mushrooms and Baby Corns Biryani”.
Try out this yummy in taste, new version of old traditional kachay gosht ki biryani and share your experience here in comment box.
Mushrooms and Baby Corns BiryaniCourse: Main Course, Veg Food, Lunch, DinnerCuisine: Indian
This Indian homemade Mushrooms and Baby Corns Biryani made of rice and veggies is perfect lunch meal and can have with curd or alone.
Basmati rice (बासमती चावल) – 1.5 cup
Mushrooms (मशरूम) – 10
Baby corn – 10
Onion (प्याज) – 3 medium
Ginger (अदरक) – 1/2 inch
Garlic (लहसुन) – 4-5 cloves
Fresh mint leaves (ताजा पुदीना) – 1 cup
Fresh coriander leaves (ताजा हरा धनिया) – 1 cup
Fresh cream (मलाई) – 1/2 cup
Curd (दही) – 1 cup
Cumin (जीरा) seeds – 2 tsp.
Cloves (लौंग) – 2-3
Coriander (धनिया) powder – 1 tsp.
Red chilli (लाल मिर्च) powder – 1.5 tsp.
Turmeric (हल्दी) powder – 1/4 tsp.
Saffron (केसर) – few strands
Screwpine essence (केवड़ा) – 1/4 tsp.
Ghee (घी) – 2 tbsp.
Butter (मक्खन) – 2 tbsp.
Salt (नमक) as per taste.
- Wash and soak basmati rice for 1/2 hour. Keep aside.
- Cut mushrooms (मशरूम) into quarters; Slice baby corns diagonally; Slice onion (प्याज); Make a paste of ginger (अदरक) and garlic (लहसुन). Keep aside.
- In a bowl mix fresh cream (मलाई), butter and a pinch saffron (केसर). Keep aside.
- Fry 2 sliced onion (प्याज). Keep aside.
- In a deep heavy base pan heat 3 cup of water and add half of the black pepper (काली मिर्च), 2 bay leaves, half of the green cardamoms (छोटी इलायची), 1 teaspoon cumin (जीरा) seeds, a pinch saffron (केसर) and 1 tsp. ghee. Mix well.
- Rinse rice and add into above water mixture and mix gently. Cook cover till rice cooked 3/4. Remove access water and keep rice a side on a plate.
- Now heat 1 tbsp. ghee in same pan and add 1 teaspoon cumin (जीरा) seeds, remaining black pepper (काली मिर्च), remaining green cardamoms (छोटी इलायची), cloves (लौंग), 2 bay leaves and mix well. Add remaining sliced onion (प्याज) and sauté till onion (प्याज) turns translucent.
- Add ginger- garlic (अदरक-लहसुन) paste, sauté till raw aroma of garlic (लहसुन) goes away. Add 2-3 tbsp. water and mix well.
- Now add sliced baby corns and quarter cut mushrooms (मशरूम). Mix well.
- Add coriander (धनिया) powder, red chilli (लाल मिर्च) powder, turmeric (हल्दी) powder and salt to taste. Mix well.
- Add curd (दही). Mix Well.
- Add 1 tsp. garam masala, 1/2 cup fresh mint leaves (ताजा पुदीना) and 1/2 cup fresh coriander leaves (ताजा हरा धनिया). Mix Well. Cover and cook for 8-10 minutes over low heat.
- Now over this mixture spread 3/4 cooked rice; layer with fresh cream (मलाई)-butter- saffron (केसर) mixture; drizzle screwpine essence (केवड़ा); sprinkle remaining fresh mint leaves (ताजा पुदीना), fresh coriander leaves (ताजा हरा धनिया) and gram masala powder; top with fried onion (प्याज). Cover with aluminium foil, place the lid over it and cook for 10-15 minutes.
- Your Mushrooms and Baby Corns Biryani is ready, serve hot.
This post may contain affiliate links, purchasing that product not cost extra for you but by your purchase A to Z Food Recipes will get some little amount and that amount will help in surviving of this website. So, please don’t hesitate to buy from these links.