Oats Ginger Paratha
Hey! Home chefs, how’s your cooking going? Today’s recipe is “Oats Ginger Paratha”. A healthy way to eat North Indians best and favourite breakfast. You can make it dry by roasting it on tawa like roti’s (Indian Plat Bread) and then put little homemade butter over it; its too yummy and healthy version also. Even a little bit fat like homemade ghee or butter is allowed in a diet, so it not a cheating… Enjoy it… 😋😋😋
Why don’t you try out this version of paratha tomorrow’s breakfast and tell me how it comes, did you and your family love it? Please share your experience with me below in comment section. I love to hear from my home chef’s.
30 minPrep Time
20 minCook Time
50 minTotal Time
- Instant Oats - 8 tsp.
- Ginger (अदरक) - 3 inch
- Fresh Coriander (हरा धनिया) - 20 Sprigs (optional)
- Whole wheat flour (गेहूं का आटा) - 2 cups
- Chat masala - 1 tsp.
- Black pepper (काली मिर्च) powder - ½ tsp.
- Ghee (घी) to tawa fry.
- Oil (तेल) - ½ tsp.
- Water as much required.
- Salt (नमक) to taste.
- In a whole wheat flour (गेहूं का आटा) add pinch of salad and oil. Mix well by rubbing this mixture in between hands.
- Now make smooth dough of this mixture. Cover with kitchen cloth and keep aside.
- Fine chop ginger (अदरक) & fresh coriander (हरा धनिया).
- Mix chopped ginger (अदरक) & fresh coriander (हरा धनिया) with instant oats, chat masala, black pepper and salt to taste. Keep aside.
- Now take dough, and divide it into 8 equal parts. Wet your palm with oil and take 1 part of dough and roll the dough in balls, press in between your palm.
- Roll the dough flatten into round not to think or thin roti with rolling board and rolling pin.
- Take near to 1 or 1.5 tbsp. oats ginger (अदरक) mix and evenly spread it over flatten round roti.
- Now overlap ⅓ roti and press little, now overlap the remaining ⅓ part and again press it little. (it will make 1 long ruler like shape).
- Now take 1 side of this long ruler shape dough roll it like spiral. Little press end and turn it up cylindrically.
- Press this spiral cylinder to make round circle.
- Roll this circle flatten into round little think or thin with rolling board and rolling pin.
- Heat tawa, put raw paratha on this hot tawa. Cook it until golden brown spots appear on bottom side, flip and apply some ghee (घी), flip and apply some ghee (घी) on other side too. Cook for 1-2 minutes flip several times in-between.
- Repeat steps 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 & 11 for all 8 parts of dough. If require sprinkle some instant oats in your rolling board, so paratha will not stuck in rolling board or rolling pin.
- Serve hot with curd or chutney or some pickle; as you like.
This post may contain affiliate links, purchasing that product not going to cost extra but by your purchase A to Z Food Recipes will get some little commission and that amount will help in surviving this website. So, please don’t hesitate to buy from these affiliate links.