Thepla also called dhebra!!! You can say when north Indian paratha made in Gujarat become thepla. It is a mixture of flours and chopped veggies like onion, carrot, etc.; pan fry, little spicy and best for having in breakfast. I love to have my thepla with mix pickle; but it’s totally with you want to have your thepla like curd, chutney or some love to have it with dal/ gravy of their choice.
Did you made onion thepla with my recipe, please share your experience with me here in comment box.
30 minPrep Time
30 minCook Time
1 hrTotal Time
- Gram flour (बेसन) - 1 cup
- Whole wheat flour (गेहूं का आटा) - 1 cup
- Onion (प्याज) - 2 medium size
- Turmeric (हल्दी) powder - ½ tbsp.
- Chaat masala (चाट मसाला) - 1 tbsp.
- Black pepper (काली मिर्च) powder - ½ tbsp.
- Oil (तेल) - 1 tbsp.
- Ghee (घी) to roast thepla.
- Water to make dough.
- Salt to taste (नमक स्वाद अनुसार).
- Peal, wash & finely chop onion. Keep aside.
- In a dough making mixing bowl add gram flour (बेसन), whole wheat flour (गेहूं का आटा), chopped onion (प्याज), turmeric (हल्दी) powder, chaat masala (चाट मसाला), black pepper (काली मिर्च) & oil (तेल). Mix well.
- Now add water as much require and make smooth dough.
- Cover with kitchen cloth and rest it for 5-8 minutes.
- Now take dough, and divide it into 12 equal parts. Wet your palm with oil if require and take 1 part of dough; roll the dough to make ball balls, little press between your palms. Roll the flat ball into round thepla not to think or thin with rolling board and rolling pin. Do this for all 1 parts of dough. If require sprinkle some oil in your rolling board, so paratha will not stuck in rolling board or rolling pin.
- Heat tawa, put one raw paratha on this hot tawa. Cook it until golden brown spots appear on bottom side, flip and apply some ghee (घी), flip and apply some ghee (घी) on other side too. Cook for 1-2 minutes flip several times in-between. Do it with every raw paratha.
- Serve hot with curd or chutney or some pickle; as you like.
• If you love spicy food you can add finely chopped green chillies (हरी मिर्च) & dry red pepper flakes (लाल मिर्च के दाने) in dough.
This post may contain affiliate links, purchasing that product not cost extra for you but by your purchase A to Z Food Recipes will get some little amount and that amount will help in surviving of this website. So, please don’t hesitate to buy from these links.