Aloo Puri –आलू पुरी; most famous North Indian dish. This is a complete meal itself containing aloo (Potato) Curry dish and fried Indian bread. In our family it’s mostly made on festival, specially navaratri season. Mostly people love to have it in winters.
Very easy to make and yummy in taste…
Try out this aloo puri recipe on coming Sunday and surprise your family. Share your experience here with us in comment box.
20 minPrep Time
30 minCook Time
50 minTotal Time
- Potato (आलू) - 2 large
- Onion (प्याज) - 1 large
- Tomato (टमाटर) - 1 large
- Green chilli (हरी मिर्च) - 1-2
- Ginger (अदरक) - 1 inch
- Garlic (लहसुन) - 3-4 cloves
- Coriander leaves (हरा धनिया) - 3-4 springs
- Cumin seeds (जीरा) - ½ tsp.
- Red chilli (लाल मिर्च) powder - ½ tsp.
- Turmeric (हल्दी) powder - 1 tsp.
- Garam masala - ½ tsp.
- Wheat flour (गेहूं का आटा) - 2 cups
- Semolina (सूजी) - 1 tbsp.
- Carom seeds (अजवाइन) - ⅛ tsp.
- Oil as much required.
- Salt to taste.
- Wash, boil, peel and dice cut potato (आलू). Finely chop onion (प्याज), tomato (टमाटर), green chilli (हरी मिर्च) and coriander leaves (हरा धनिया). Make ginger-garlic (अदरक-लहसुन) paste. Keep aside all things.
- In a bowl mix wheat flour (गेहूं का आटा), semolina (सूजी), carom seeds (अजवाइन), 1 tbsp. Oil and pinch of salt with water as much needed and make firm dough. Cover with cloth and keep aside.
- In a kadai heat 2 tbsp. oil and add cumin seeds (जीरा), when cumin seeds (जीरा) start crackling add finely chopped green chilli; sauté for a minute and add finely chopped onion (प्याज). Now sauté till onion (प्याज) becomes translucent.
- Add ginger-garlic (अदरक-लहसुन) paste and sauté till raw aroma of garlic (लहसुन) goes away. Add tomato (टमाटर), Red chilli (लाल मिर्च) powder, Turmeric (हल्दी) powder, Garam masala and salt to taste; cook till oil separates from masala sides.
- Now add boiled diced potato (आलू) and sauté for a minute. Add 4 cup of water and cook on high flame till water bring to boil. Simmer and cook 10-15 minutes; stair in-between.
- Now take dough, and divide it into 8 equal parts. Wet your palm with oil and take 1 part of dough and roll the dough in balls, press in between you palm. Roll the dough into round not to think or thin puri. Do this for all 8 parts of dough.
- Heat enough oil in a pan. Place puri in oil and press it with skimmer (झरनी), puri will puff right away. Now turn the puri and cook it till golden brown. Do it with all roll out puri.
- Enjoy the Aloo Puri before its cool down.
This post may contain affiliate links, purchasing that product not cost extra for you but by your purchase A to Z Food Recipes will get some little amount and that amount will help in surviving of this website. So, please don’t hesitate to buy from these links.