Shahi Bhindi-शाही भिन्डी; (Bhindi means okra) as the name says Shahi when any dish cooked in rich ingredient then it called Shahi. So, what’s shahi on this dish? Okra Cooked in rich and creamy cashew nut gravy with Indian spices then become Shahi bhindi. This is a favorite dish of many people here in India due to its taste. Did you try making Shahi Bhindi from our recipes? How was it made? Please share your Experience here in comment bore with us.
For more such recipes subscribe or follow on Facebook and Twitter.
Shahi BhindiCourse: Dinner, Lunch, MainCuisine: Indian
This Shahi Bhindi made by using rich Indian Spices. Can have as main course dish with chapatti or paratha.
Okra (भिंडी) – 300 grams
Onion (प्याज) – 2
Tomato (टमाटर) – 1
Coriander Leaves (हरा धनिया) – 3-4 spring
Ginger (अदरक) – 1 inch
Garlic (लहसुन) – 3-4 cloves
Red Chilli (लाल मिर्च) Powder – 1 tsp.
Turmeric (हल्दी) Powder – 1/2 tsp.
Garam Masala (गरम मसाला) – 1 tsp.
Kasoori Methi (कसूरी मेथी) – 1/2 tbsp.
Cumin Seeds (जीरा) – 1 tsp.
Cashew Nuts (काजू) – 15
White Sesame Seeds (सफेद तिल) – 1 tbsp.
Fennel Seeds (सौंफ) – 1 tsp.
Oil (तेल) – 3 tbsp.
Salt (नमक) as per taste.
- Wash, dry, trim top-bottom and diagonally slice each okra (भिंडी). Finely chop coriander leaves (हरा धनिया), onion (प्याज) and tomato (टमाटर). Make a paste of ginger-garlic (अदरक-लहसुन) paste. Keep aside.
- Soak cashew nuts (काजू) in water for 15-20 minutes and make a smooth paste with white sesame seeds (सफेद तिल) and fennel seeds (सौंफ). Keep aside.
- Heat pan with 1 tbsp. oil and fry sliced okra (भिंडी) till golden brown, take out of pan and keep aside.
- Now heat 2 tbsp. oil in pan and add cumin seeds (जीरा), when cumin seeds (जीरा) start crackling add chopped onion (प्याज) and sauté till become translucent. Add ginger-garlic (अदरक-लहसुन) paste and sauté till raw aroma of garlic (लहसुन) goes away.
- After that add Red chilli (लाल मिर्च) powder, Turmeric (हल्दी) powder, Garam masala, hand crushed Kasoori methi (कसूरी मेथी) and salt as per taste. Sauté for a minute.
- Add chopped tomato (टमाटर) and sauté till oil separates from the sides of masala. Add fried okra (भिंडी) and mix well; make sure okra (भिंडी) coated well with masala. Finally add cashew nuts (काजू) paste. Mix well and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add 1 cup of water, mix gently and cook simmer for 4-5 minutes. Once water completely mix with masala and oil float on top, its read.
- Take it out on serving bowl and garnish with chopped coriander leaves (हरा धनिया). Serve hot with chapattis or paratha.
This post may contain affiliate links, purchasing that product not cost extra for you but by your purchase A to Z Food Recipes will get some little amount and that amount will help in surviving of this website. So, please don’t hesitate to buy from these links.