Veg Hyderabadi Biryani
The ever famous Hyderabadi Biryani!!! The tradition hyderabadi biryani recipe is prepared with goat or chicken meat but what about vegan persons? Is this biryani is not for Veggi people? Is there no vegetarian version of this hyderabadi biryani?
Yes, there is vegetarian version of hyderabadi biryani and here it is.
Try out it at your home and tell me how it is made? Is it yammi??? Did you get any good comment from your family after trying this recipe?
20 minPrep Time
40 minCook Time
1 hrTotal Time
- Basmati rice (चावल) - 2 cups
- Tomatoes (टमाटर) - 2-3 medium size
- Green beans (फलियां) - ½ cup
- Carrots (गाजर) - ½ cup
- Cauliflower (फूलगोभी) florets - 1 cup
- Potatoes (आलू) - 1 cup
- Garlic (लहसुन) - 6 cloves
- Ginger (अदरक) - 2 large 1 inch piece
- Onion (प्याज) - 2 large
- Green chilies (हरी मिर्च) - 2
- Cloves (लौंग) - 3
- Cinnamon (दालचीनी) - 1 inch
- Green cardamom (छोटी इलायची) - 4
- Bay leaves (तेज पत्ता) - 2
- Turmeric (हल्दी) powder - 1 tsp.
- Red chilli (लाल मिर्च) powder - 1 tsp.
- Coriander (धनिया) powder - 1 tsp.
- Plain yogurt (दही) - 1 cup
- Mint (पुदीना) leaves - 1 cup
- Oil for cooking.
- Water as required.
- Salt to taste.
- Half cook basmati rice (चावल) with 2 cup of water, 2 tbsp. Oil and salt.
- Dice the green beans (फलियां), and carrots (गाजर). Partially cook green beans (फलियां), carrots (गाजर), cauliflower (फूलगोभी) florets, potatoes (आलू) by steaming them separately with salt. Peel the potatoes (आलू) and cubed them. Keep aside all them.
- Make a paste of garlic (लहसुन), ginger (अदरक), 1 onion (प्याज) and green chilies (मिर्च). Keep aside all them.
- Make spices powder of cloves (लौंग), cinnamon (दालचीनी), green cardamom (छोटी इलायची) and keep aside.
- Finely chop tomatoes (टमाटर). Keep aside.
- Peel green cardamom (इलायची) and take its seeds. Keep aside.
- Chopped mint (पुदीना) leaves; slice 1 onion and caramelize it. Keep aside for garnishing.
- In a large sauce pan heat 2 tpsb. Oil and add garlic (लहसुन), ginger (अदरक), onion (प्याज), green chilies (मिर्च) paste; sauté on a medium heat until the color has changed to golden brown and row aroma of garlic (लहसुन), ginger (अदरक) and onion (प्याज) goes away.
- Add bay leaves (तेज पत्ता), turmeric (हल्दी) powder, red chilli (लाल मिर्च) powder, coriander (धनिया) powder and spices powder. Sauté for a few seconds.
- Add finely chop tomatoes (टमाटर) and sauté for 5-6 minutes.
- Add plain yogurt (दही) and cook simmer for 5 minutes or until gets a good aroma.
- Finally add half cooked basmati rice, steamed vegetables, potatoes (आलू), chopped mint and salt as required. Sauté for a few minutes until it gets combined with the rest of the masala.
- On a low heat cook covered with tight fitting lid until all rice and vegetables cooked completely.
- When biryani is cooked completely, remove from the heat and let pan covered for about 5-6 minutes.
- After that open lid and give veg hyderabadi biryani a gentle stir, to combine all the masala and vegetables into the rice. Garnish with caramelized onions and serve hot.
• Cooking in a sauce pan helps in maintaining the texture of the rice to be half cooked.
|Image courtesy of Gagandeep Sapra via flickr.com|
This post may contain affiliate links, purchasing that product not cost extra for you but by your purchase A to Z Food Recipes will get some little amount and that amount will help in surviving of this website. So, please don’t hesitate to buy from these links.