Arbi Ka Bharta – Few days back my mom over boil the colocasia root (अरबी) and then I did my experiments… ? When I making it I was too nerves that how was it made and specially in taste, but everyone like this and texture was also good (see image).
What you think about this dish, did you try making arbi ka bharta with my recipe? How was it made and what comment you got? Please share here in comment box below.
Please subscribe 👈 or follow on Facebook and Twitter for more such healthy vegan recipes.
Arbi Ka BhartaCourse: Dinner, Lunch, Main Course, Veg FoodCuisine: Indian
Arbi Ka Bharta – over boiled Colocasia root messed and sauté with Indian spices; best for main course meal with Indian flat bread.
Colocasia root (अरबी) – 200 gram
Soya granules (नट्री चुरा) – 2 tbsp.
Black gram flour (बेसन) – 2 tbsp.
Fresh cream (ताजा मलाई) – 2 tbsp.
Onion (प्याज) – 3 medium
Tomato (टमाटर) – 2 medium
Ginger (अदरक) – 1-inch
Garlic (लहसुन) – 8-10 cloves
Fresh coriander (हरा धनिया) – few sprigs
Soya sauce – 1/2 tbsp.
Cumin (जीरा) seeds – 1/2 tsp.
Turmeric (हल्दी) powder – 1/2 tsp.
Garam masala powder – 1/2 tsp.
Deggi mirch (देगी मिर्च) – 1/2 tsp.
Cashew nuts (काजू) – 5 (optional)
Almond (बादाम) – 5 (optional)
Oil (तेल) – 1 tbsp.
Salt (नमक) as per taste.
- Wash and over boil colocasia root (अरबी) in pressure cooker.
- After boil, remove access water and keep it in open air. So, one can handle it.
- Now remove the skin of colocasia root (अरबी) and blend it in blender to make fine paste.
- While boiling colocasia root (अरबी) fine chop your all veggies – onion (प्याज), tomato (टमाटर), ginger (अदरक), garlic (लहसुन) and fresh coriander leafs (हरा धनिया). Keep aside.
- Roughly chop cashew nuts (काजू) and almond (बादाम). Keep aside.
- In a non-stick pan heat oil and add cumin (जीरा) seeds.
- When cumin (जीरा) seeds start crackling add chopped ginger (अदरक) and garlic (लहसुन). sauté till row aroma of garlic (लहसुन) not goes away.
- Now add chopped onion (प्याज) and sauté them until sides not become golden brown.
- Immediately simmer the heat; add chopped tomato (टमाटर) and sauté for a minute.
- Now add turmeric (हल्दी) powder, garam masala powder, deggi mirch (देगी मिर्च) and salt (नमक) to taste. sauté for a minute.
- Add fresh cream (ताजा मलाई). Mix well and add soya sauce. Mix well and cook until oil not starts separating from the side of masala.
- At this time add blended colocasia root (अरबी) and cook it for 4-5 minutes. Keep string.
- After 5 minutes add black gram flour (बेसन) and mix well. Cook for 10-15 minutes. Keep string in-between.
- In between in a separate pan heat water and add soya granules (नट्री चुरा) along with little salt. Cook completely.
- After cooking colocasia root (अरबी) for 10-15 minutes add these cooked soya granules (नट्री चुरा). Mix well.
- When both mix well then add roughly chopped cashew nuts (काजू) and almond (बादाम). Mix and turn off the heat.
- Garnish with fresh coriander leafs (हरा धनिया). Serve hot with Indian bread called roti.
- Please make sure for this dish you using non-stick pan or heavy base pan, otherwise your dish will stick in pan base.
This post may contain affiliate links, purchasing that product not going to cost extra but by your purchase A to Z Food Recipes will get some little commission and that amount will help in surviving this website. So, please don’t hesitate to buy from these affiliate links.