Dalia Ka Halwa
Dalia Ka Halwa also called Lapsi; is sweet dish from Rajasthani cuisine; Rajasthan is a part of India. Here in north we prepare dalia (wheat oatmeal) in milk and it’s in liquid form; but Lapsi/dalia ka halwa prepared in water and it’s dry in form. I first time made this and like this version of dalia.
Go and prepare you must love it. Please share your experience with us here in comment box.
20 minPrep Time
20 minCook Time
40 minTotal Time
- Wheat oatmeal (दलिया) - 1 cup
- Almonds (बादाम) - 3-4 (Optional)
- Cashew nuts (काजू) - 3-4 (Optional)
- Raisins (किशमिश) - 8-10 (Optional)
- Vegetable oil - 2 tsp.
- Ghee (घी) - 3-4 tbsp.
- Green cardamom (छोटी इलायची) powder - ½ tsp.
- Water (पानी) - 2 cups
- Sugar (चीनी) to taste.
- In a mixing bowl take wheat oatmeal (दलिया) and oil; mix well so every granules of wheat oatmeal (दलिया) coated with oil. This is because after cooking all pieces of granules are separated from each other. Keep aside.
- Chop almonds (बादाम) and cashew nuts (काजू). Keep aside.
- In a kettle (पतीली) boil water and keep aside.
- Now, take heavy base pan and heat the ghee (घी) in it.
- Slower the heat and add oil coated wheat oatmeal (दलिया) in heated ghee (घी) pan; roast wheat oatmeal (दलिया) until its turn into little golden brown – don’t burn.
- Now add chopped almonds (बादाम) and cashew nuts (काजू) but keep some for garnishing; roast for 1 more minute.
- Add hot water; mix well. Cook cover on simmer for 5-7 minutes until wheat oatmeal (दलिया) cooked completely.
- When wheat oatmeal (दलिया) cooked completely add sugar and mix well. If water left cook on high flame until water not fully evaporates but keep stirring.
- Now add green cardamom (छोटी इलायची) powder & raisins (किशमिश). Mix well and cook simmer for 1 more minute.
- Your Daliya Ka Halwa is ready, garnish and serve hot in serving bowl as dessert.
• I wrote Sugar (चीनी) to taste because some like very light sweetness and some love too much sweetness; so use according to your taste. As I doesn’t love too much sweeten dishes so in this Daliya Ka Halwa I use 3-4 tbsp. sugar (चीनी).
This post may contain affiliate links, purchasing that product not cost extra for you but by your purchase A to Z Food Recipes will get some little amount and that amount will help in surviving of this website. So, please don’t hesitate to buy from these links.