Eggless Fruit Cake
This fruit cake is made up of dried fruits like cranberries, apricots, figs etc. This is full of nutrition, yet yummy and beautiful in taste. You can use less or more number of dried fruits, but use only dried fruits, fresh fruit may spoil your cake. As I never ever used fresh fruits.
Try out this homemade healthy, full of nutrition, yummy, beautiful cake at home and surprise your family and friends. Please share your experience with us here in comment box.
15 minPrep Time
45 minCook Time
1 hrTotal Time
- All-Purpose Flour (मैदा) - 1 ¾ cups
- Dried Apricots (सुखी खुबानी) - 6-8
- Dried Cranberries (सूखे करौंदे) - 6-8
- Dried Prunes (सूखे आलूबुखारे) - 6-8
- Dried Figs (सुखी अंजीर) - 6-8
- Raisins (किशमिश) - A hand full of
- Dry Juts (सूखे मेवे) like cashew nuts , walnuts , blanched almonds - A hand full of (optional)
- Lemon Juice (नींबू का रस) - 1 ¼ tsp.
- Vinegar (सिरका) - 1 tsp.
- Vanilla Essence - 1 tsp.
- Orange Juice (संतरे का रस) - ½ cup
- Cinnamon (दालचीनी) , clove (लौंग) , ginger (अदरक) and nutmeg (जायफल) powder mix (spice mix) - ¾ tsp.
- Baking Soda - ½ tsp.
- Butter (मक्खन) - ¼ cup
- Water (पानी) - ¾ cup
- Brown Sugar (शकर) - ½ cup
- Salt (नमक) - A pinch
- Filter all purpose flour (मैदा) with baking soda; set aside for 3-5 minutes.
- Rinse and chop dried apricots (सुखी खुबानी), dried cranberries (सूखे करौंदे), dried prunes (सूखे आलूबुखारे), dried figs (सुखी अंजीर) and raisins (किशमिश). Keep aside.
- Chop dry fruits (सूखे मेवे). Keep aside.
- Boil the water, when water boiled simmer the gas and add chopped apricots (खुबानी), cranberries (करौंदे), prunes (आलूबुखारे), figs (अंजीर), raisins (किशमिश), orange juice (संतरे का रस), spice mix powder; cook for 3-4 minutes. Switch off the gas and keep aside to cool little bit.
- Now add brown sugar (शकर), salt (नमक) lemon juice (नींबू का रस), vinegar (सिरका), vanilla essence and melted butter (मक्खन); mix well and keep aside to cool completely.
- Preheat the oven to 170° C for 10mins.
- When fruits mixture cool completely start adding filtered all purpose flour (मैदा) slowly by slowly and fold gently. Make sure no lumb on this mixture. Add chopped dry fruit (सूखे मेवे) and again fold.
- Grace the baking tray and pour this mixture on it. Bake for 20-25 minutes on 170° C.
- Garnish with whipped cream; slice and serve cool.
• You can increase or decrease the amount of fruits according to your taste, but don’t add too much fruits it will spoil the cake.
• Make sure baking tray is not completely full with batter, there must be a space to rise the cake (cake always rise). You can bake cake in two parts, if you had small cake baking tray.
• If you love or making cake for kids, you can add tutti-frutti also with dry fruits (सूखे मेवे).
This post may contain affiliate links, purchasing that product not cost extra for you but by your purchase A to Z Food Recipes will get some little amount and that amount will help in surviving of this website. So, please don’t hesitate to buy from these links.