Malai Kofta is a North Indian main course dish and people love to eat it with naan or paratha. Whenever I go to restaurant and order malai kofta, I just thinking of making it at home. I tried it from many cookbook and recipe website, every time I got different taste. But with following recipe I got the taste. This recipe is mix and match of few recipes.
Try out and tell me did you got the taste, what you eating at restaurant.
10 minPrep Time
40 minCook Time
50 minTotal Time
- Paneer - 100 grams
- Cashewnuts (काजू) - ¼ cup
- Melon seeds (मग़ज) - 2 tbsp.
- Poppy seeds (खसखस / पोस्त) - 1 tsp.
- Tomatoes (टमाटर) - 3 medium
- Ginger (अदरक) - 1 tsp.
- Oil - 4 cup
- Green cardamoms (इलायची) - 2
- Green cardamom (इलायची) powder - ¼ tsp.
- Red chilli powder - 1 tsp.
- Garam masala powder - ¼ tsp.
- Fresh cream - 2 tbsp.
- Yogurt (दही) - ¼ cup
- Refined flour (मैदा) - 2 tsp.
- Water - 1 cup
- Salt to taste.
- Chop the ginger (अदरक) & tomatoes (टमाटर). Keep aside.
- Shock Cashewnuts (काजू), melon seeds (मग़ज) & poppy seeds (खसखस / पोस्त) in water for 5-10 minutes. After 5-10 minutes remove excess water and keep a side.
- In cooker put Cashewnuts (काजू), melon seeds (मग़ज), poppy seeds (खसखस / पोस्त), tomatoes (टमाटर), ginger (अदरक), green cardamoms (इलायची), red chilli powder, 1 tbsp. oil & salt to taste. Mix well. After that add yogurt (दही) and mix well.
- Now add water and close the cooker with the lid. Cook under pressure till 4 whistles.
- Grate paneer into a bowl and add green cardamom (इलायची) powder, refined flour (मैदा) & salt to taste and mix well. Make round balls of same size.
- Heat the oil in deep pan, deep fries these round balls until golden. Drain and place on tissue paper.
- Once the pressure reduces from cooker, open the lid and blend the mixture with hand blander.
- Stair the blended mixture and put into a pan and heat it. Now add fresh cream and garam masala. Mix well.
- Arrange the kofta balls in serving bowl and pour the gravy over it. Sprinkle little fresh cream and put one coriander (धनिया) leaf. Serve hot.
|Image courtesy of Seba Della y Sole Bossio via flickr.com|
This post may contain affiliate links, purchasing that product not cost extra for you but by your purchase A to Z Food Recipes will get some little amount and that amount will help in surviving of this website. So, please don’t hesitate to buy from these links.