I always try to make different kind of snakes and one of them is Onion Rings. I tried it several times; 1st time I made it with gram flour (बेसन) and use water to make batter; yes they are tasty but not nice perfect rings. Then I read over the net and added milk & all purpose flour (मैदा) instead of gram flour (बेसन) and water, the taste changed but did not get perfect this time too. Then finally I try to coat them with bread crumb before deep frying, as we did with cutlets and they become. Here is that recipe which comes after several tries.
Are you going to try out it??? Please must share your experience here.
10 minPrep Time
20 minCook Time
30 minTotal Time
- Onion (प्याज) - 2
- All purpose flour (मैदा) - ½ cup
- Baking powder - ½ tsp.
- Cornflour - ¼ tsp.
- Green coriander (हरा धनिया) - 2-3 sprigs
- Garlic (लहसुन) - 1 (optional)
- Milk (दूध) - ¾ cup
- Brown bread - 2 slices
- Oil for deep fry.
- Salt to taste.
- Make crumbs of bread slices. Keep aside.
- Chop Green coriander (हरा धनिया). Keep aside.
- Thick dice onion (प्याज) and separate them in to rings.
- Properly dust all the rings with all purpose flour (मैदा), so onion rings properly coated.
- Now take remaining all purpose flour (मैदा) in a mixing bowl and add chopped green coriander (हरा धनिया), baking powder, cornflour, garlic (लहसुन); mix well.
- Now add milk (दूध) and mix well to make a batter. Make sure no lump is there.
- Now dip each ring in this batter and then coat it with bread crumbs. Arrange each over the wire rack.
- Heat oil in a deep frying pan and deep fry each bread crumb coated ring over a medium heat.
- Take out over kitchen tissue paper and sprinkle salt to taste immediately.
- Serve hot with sauce or chutney.
This post may contain affiliate links, purchasing that product not cost extra for you but by your purchase A to Z Food Recipes will get some little amount and that amount will help in surviving of this website. So, please don’t hesitate to buy from these links.