If you love masala on you sweet veggie like pumpkin then this spiced masala pumpkin recipe for you. This is an easy and quick to make savoury dish. I love its sweet and spicy taste and sure you also love it.
Try out this simple and easy to make dish at your home and share your experience here in comment box; I love to hear from my readers.
Raw pumpkin (कद्दू) – 1/2
Onion (प्याज) – 2 medium
Tomato (टमाटर) – 2
Ginger (अदरक) – 1 1 inch
Garlic (लहसुन) – 3-4 cloves
Green chilli (हरी मिर्च) – 1
Fresh coriander (हरा धनिया) – few sprigs
Garam masala – 1/1 tbsp.
Turmeric (हल्दी) powder – 1 tsp.
Coriander (धनिया) powder – 1 tbsp.
Cumin (जीरा) powder – 1 tbsp.
Red chilli (लाल मिर्च) powder – 1/2 tsp.
Asafoetida (हींग) – a pinch
Oil (तेल) – 3 tbsp.
Water (पानी) – 2 cups
Salt (नमक) as per taste.
- Dice cut raw pumpkin (कद्दू). Finely chop onions (प्याज), green chilli (हरी मिर्च) and fresh coriander (हरा धनिया). Make puree of tomatoes (टमाटर). Crush ginger (अदरक) and garlic (लहसुन). Keep aside.
- In a pan heat oil and add chopped green chilli (हरी मिर्च); crushed ginger (अदरक) and garlic (लहसुन). Sauté until raw aroma of garlic (लहसुन) goes away, don’t burn.
- Immediately add chopped onions (प्याज), sauté till golden brown.
- Add tomato (टमाटर) puree with garam masala, turmeric (हल्दी) powder, coriander (धनिया), cumin (जीरा) powder, red chilli (लाल मिर्च) powder, asafoetida (हींग). Sauté on medium until oil start separating from sides of pan; keep staring.
- Add salt. Mix well.
- Add pumpkin (कद्दू) pieces and mix well so masala full coat over each pumpkin (कद्दू) piece; add water and cook medium for 10-15 minutes or pumpkin (कद्दू) become soft enough. Don’t overcook, keep pumpkin (कद्दू) pieces; not make it mesh.
- Serve hot with roti or rice.
This post may contain affiliate links, purchasing that product not cost extra for you but by your purchase A to Z Food Recipes will get some little amount and that amount will help in surviving of this website. So, please don’t hesitate to buy from these links.