Yammy tasty evergreen tomato soup recipe. This soup is top soup of the soup family, past few years back if you think of making soup at home is only tomato soup but now you can make any kind of soup at home like manchow soup, mixed vegetable soup, bean chili soup and more.
Today, here I am going to tell you the traditional way to make tomato soup at home as your mom made in your childhood.
Share your views with us in comment!!!
15 minPrep Time
25 minCook Time
40 minTotal Time
- Tomatoes - 10-12 medium size
- Garlic (लहसुन) - 4 cloves
- Carrot - 1/2 medium size
- Onion - 1 medium size
- Sugar - 1 tbsp.
- Oil - ½ tbsp.
- Butter - 1 tbsp.
- Bay leaf (कड़ी पत्ता) - 1
- Peppercorns (काली मिर्च) - 4-6
- Peppercorns (काली मिर्च) crushed - ½ tbsp.
- Few basil (तुलसी) leaves.
- Salt to taste.
- Wash and cut tomatoes into quarters. Peel, wash and chop garlic. Peel, wash and cut carrots into roundels. Peel, wash and slice onion. Wash basil (तुलसी) leaves and cut into thin strips.
- Heat oil and butter in a pan; add bay leaf (कड़ी पत्ता), peppercorn (काली मिर्च), sliced onions and sauté until translucent (नरम).
- Add the chopped garlic (लहसुन), stir-fry briefly.
- Add carrot roundels and tomatoes stir-fry for a minute and add three cups of water. Bring it to a boil.
- Simer the flame and cook for ten to fifteen minutes covered with a lid.
- Strain the mixture through a strainer (छलनी). Reserve the liquid. Remove peppercorns and bay leaf from the residue and allow it to cool.
- Blend in a mixer to get a smooth puree. Pass it through a siev or strainer (छलनी).
- Add the reserved liquid to the pureed tomatoes and adjust the consistency. Put it back on heat. Add salt, freshly crushed peppercorns and let it simmer for a couple of minutes.
- Just before serving, add diced fried brown bread. Garnish with cream and basil leaves.
|Image courtesy of Naito8 via FreeDigitalPhotos.net|
This post may contain affiliate links, purchasing that product not cost extra for you but by your purchase A to Z Food Recipes will get some little amount and that amount will help in surviving of this website. So, please don’t hesitate to buy from these links.