Appam-अपम्म; is a South Indian Kerala pancake dish, made up with fermented rice batter & coconut milk. Very light and easy to digest yummy Indian pancake called appam. you can have it as it is or coconut chutney or Sāmbhar.
Try out this recipe and share your thought with us here in comment box. I love to hear from my readers.
This Appam from South Indian Cuisine is a savory Pancake made with rice flour. Can have with
- Grate fresh coconut (ताजा नारियल). Keep aside.
- Wash rice (चावल) and soak for an overnight.
- On next morning, drain rice (चावल) from water and blend them with grated fresh coconut (ताजा नारियल). If required add water, but not too much and make smooth paste as much as possible. Now let this mixture ferment for 4-6 hours in air-tight container.
- When this mixture fragmented add sugar (चीनी), baking soda, salt as per taste and some water. Mix well and make smooth runny batter.
- Heat simmer non-sticky pan and pour a ladleful of batter, spread evenly. Cover the pan and let Appam cook for a minute. Uncover and your Appam is ready.
- Serve hot with Coconut Chutney or Sāmbhar.
This post may contain affiliate links, purchasing that product not cost extra for you but by your purchase A to Z Food Recipes will get some little amount and that amount will help in surviving of this website. So, please don’t hesitate to buy from these links.