Chokha (चोखा) – as previously I share litti (लिट्टी) recipe with my reader, today chokha recipe. As litti & chokha are together become a complete recipe. Traditionally it’s made with potato (आलू) or brinjal (बैंगन) or using both. In my recipe I used both potato (आलू) & brinjal (बैंगन). Chokha served with litti which is roasted and serve as ghee dipped.
Did you made chokha using this recipe, what was your experience; please share it here in comment box.
15 minPrep Time
40 minCook Time
55 minTotal Time
- Brinjal (बैंगन) - 1 medium
- Potatoes (आलू) - 2 medium
- Tomatoes (टमाटर) - 3 medium
- Onion (प्याज) - 2 medium
- Green chillies (हरी मिर्च) - 3
- Fresh coriander leaves (ताजा हरा धनिया) - 2-3 sprig
- Mustard oil (सरसों का तेल) - 1 tsp.
- Salt to taste.
- Finely chop onion (प्याज), green chillies (हरी मिर्च), fresh coriander leaves (ताजा हरा धनिया). Keep aside.
- Boil potatoes (आलू) and tomatoes (टमाटर) separately. Peal the skin and keep side.
- Roast Brinjal (बैंगन) over fire until all skin turn black, don’t burn them. Peal the skin and keep side.
- In a bowl mesh brinjal (बैंगन), potatoes (आलू) & tomatoes (टमाटर) together.
- Put chopped onion (प्याज), green chillies (हरी मिर्च), fresh coriander leaves (ताजा हरा धनिया) with salt. Mix well.
- Heat the mustard oil (सरसों का तेल) and pour it over chokha mix. Mix well.
- Serve hot with litti.
|Image courtesy of Chesaxen via Wikimedia Commons|
This post may contain affiliate links, purchasing that product not cost extra for you but by your purchase A to Z Food Recipes will get some little amount and that amount will help in surviving of this website. So, please don’t hesitate to buy from these links.