Sweet Corn Green Curry
Sweet Corn Green Curry is one of the central Thai curry verity. This curry gets its name “green curry” from its color which comes from use of fresh green chillies. As this a Thai Curry and based on a coconut milk gives a creamy texture and taste also. As most of the Thai curries are sweeten but it’s not and also its ingredients not fixed.
On this Sweet Corn Green Curry recipe I use only vegan ingredients because this website for pure vegetarian people, and off course I am also a pure vegetarian… 😀 So, it is necessary this Thai curry must be vegetarian.
Please tried out my own vegan recipe and share your thoughts here in comment box. I love to hear from my readers.
Sweet Corn Green CurryCourse: Curries, Main Course, Veg FoodCuisine: Thai
Sweet corn – 1 cup
Green chilli (हरी मिर्च) – 2
Green capsicum (हरी शिमला मिर्च) – 2 medium size
Peas (मटर) – 1/2 cup
Lemongrass – 2 (optional)
Ginger (अदरक) – 1 inch
Garlic (लहसुन) – 2-3 cloves
Coconut milk (नारियल के दूध) – 2 cups
Sugar (चीनी) – a pinch
Black pepper (काली मिर्च) powder – 1/2 tsp.
Oil (तेल) – 2 tbsp.
Salt (नमक) as per taste.
- Boil peas; remove the seeds of green capsicum (हरी शिमला मिर्च) and roughly chop; roughly chop lemongrass, ginger (अदरक) and garlic (लहसुन). Remove the top of green chillies.
- In a mortar and pestle or mixture grinder make a paste of green chilli (हरी मिर्च), roughly chopped green capsicum (हरी शिमला मिर्च), lemongrass, ginger (अदरक), garlic (लहसुन) and boiled peas. Your green curry paste is ready. Keep aside.
- Steam the sweet corn for 1-2 minutes, remove from the steamer and keep aside in a plate.
- In a pan heat the oil, add green curry paste, sauté for a minute and add 1 cup of coconut milk; cook till oil start leaving from side of pan.
- Add remaining coconut milk and cook for a minute.
- Now immediately add steamed sweet corns with pinch of sugar (चीनी), black pepper (काली मिर्च) powder and salt to taste.
- Cook on high flame for a minute or two. Reduce the flame and cook cover until curry not thicken enough. Stair in-between so the curry not sticks on the base.
- Your sweet corn green curry is ready, serve hot with rice, naan or chapattis.
This post may contain affiliate links, purchasing that product not cost extra for you but by your purchase A to Z Food Recipes will get some little amount and that amount will help in surviving of this website. So, please don’t hesitate to buy from these links.