Makhni means cream, when soft and mellow paneer cubes cooked in a Cashewnuts, cream and tomato gravy then it’s become Paneer Makhni (पनीर मखनी). It is north India’s ever famous curry dish. It’s mostly serves with naan or roti.
Try out this restaurant style recipe at your home and surprise everyone. Feel free to share your wordings in comment box.
- Paneer (पनीर) diced - 200 grams
- Tomato chopped - 5 large
- Ginger (अदरक) chopped - 1 tsp
- Butter - 2 tbsp
- Oil - 2 tbsp
- Green cardamoms (छोटी इलायची) crushed (only seeds) - 2
- Sugar - ½ tsp
- Garam masala - ½ tsp
- Red chilli powder - ½ tsp
- Tomato ketchup - 1 tsp
- Cashewnuts (काजू) or Magaj (मगज) paste - 4 tbsp
- Kasoori methi - 2 tsp
- Fresh cream - ½ cup
- Salt to taste.
- In a deep dish cover and microwave tomatoes, ginger (अदरक) and ½ cup of water for 5 minutes. Cool and pure in a mixer.
- Microwave butter, oil and green cardamoms (छोटी इलायची) for 2 minutes. Add salt, sugar, red chilli powder and garam masala. Mix well. Add fresh tomato puree and tomato ketchup. Mix very well. Microwave covered for 4 minutes. Stir once. Microwave uncovered for 4 minutes again.
- Add cashewnuts (काजू) or magaj paste and kasoori methi. Mix well. Add ½ cup of water. Microwave for 3 minutes. Add diced paneer. Add enough fresh cream to get thick red gravy. Microwave for 2 minutes. Garnished with butter and coriander (dhaniya) leave. Serve hot.
• For cashewnuts (काजू) or magaj paste: soak cashewnuts (काजू) or magaj in a ½ cup of water for ½ hour and ground them to make 4 tbsp paste.
• Recipe to be microwave at 100% level or high unless the power level is specified in the recipe.
|Image courtesy of Monali.mishra via Wikimedia Commons|
This post may contain affiliate links, purchasing that product not cost extra for you but by your purchase A to Z Food Recipes will get some little amount and that amount will help in surviving of this website. So, please don’t hesitate to buy from these links.