Rabri-रबड़ी; is famous in north India and it is made up by full cream milk by reducing its size to thicken enough. People love to have rabri in winters with jalebi after dinner. In north India it is easily found in winter wedding as a dessert. Also this rabri is used in shahi tukda recipe.
This winter try out making rabri in one of your family function, your family must love it. Share your experience with us here in comment box.
10 minPrep Time
40 minCook Time
50 minTotal Time
- Milk (दूध) - 1 cup (150 ml)
- Cottage Cheese (पनीर) - 100 grams
- Refined Flour (मैदा) - 1 tbsp.
- Condensed Milk - ¼ tin (100 gram)
- Cardamom (छोटी इलायची) Powder - ½ tsp.
- Mixed Dry Fruits (सूखे मेवे) - Hand full
- Chop dried fruits (सूखे मेवे). Cut paneer (पनीर) in small pieces. Mix refined flour (मैदा) in 3-4 tbsp. milk (दूध), so there is no lump in flour. Keep aside.
- In a deep bowl, add rest of the milk (दूध) with condensed milk. Bring it to boil.
- Now add refined flour (मैदा) paste in to this boiled milk (दूध). Cook for 5-6 minutes on low flame, keep straining in between.
- Add paneer (पनीर), cardamom (छोटी इलायची) powder and chopped dried fruits (सूखे मेवे). Remove from a flame. Cool and refrigerate for cool completely.
- Serve this Rabri cool as a dessert.
|Image courtesy of Ravi Talwar via Wikimedia Commons|
This post may contain affiliate links, purchasing that product not cost extra for you but by your purchase A to Z Food Recipes will get some little amount and that amount will help in surviving of this website. So, please don’t hesitate to buy from these links.